ESGT

Repair fiberglass

I have a hood that has what would be best described as a dent, something took a neat slice out of one spot. It doesn't have any "hair" or loose fibers, no cracks or spider web.

Could I use a fiberglass filler to fix that spot?

First pic - Looks like it could be fixed with a few hours of sanding and glass filler

Second pic - That's pretty fucked. From a structural prespective that corner has entered the great zone of FUBAR. From a cosmetic standpoint you could sand it out and throw some glass filler in there. The crack might come back (I got rhymez) but it would probably come out pretty decent.

yea like he said you could probably cover up the problem Det but then considering the problem you had with the hood when you thought it was good I would just not put the time into it for fear of something similar happening again.

Yeah some glass filler could take care of that. You're gonna have to take some 80 grit and clean it out and give the glass something to bite into though.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone

Looks like you will need to straighten the corner a little prior to filling it out but that should not be a big deal. They make a bondo/filler that has glass in it as well which would probably be the best to use in this case.