Blackmage

More coilover!

I have a front set of KYB AGX struts up front (fairly new). Is there any brands for coilovers that would fit this strut? I see that certain ones only work with Bilstein and such. Am I able to put something onto these without having to order new struts as well?

There's a reason why MM doesn't sell a kit for the AGX's. The AGX's are not able to handle the loads of a coilover conversion safely... only recommendation is to lower the car with different springs and use an adjustable rear lca. or buy higher quality dampers.

Call UPR, theirs might fit. I know for a fact MM and Strange wont.

I currently have KYB agx's on my car and to say the least they are pretty bouncy.

Add a coilover to the equation and they wont last too long.

Tokico HP's are a good alternative strut if you don't have the money for bilsteins or high quality struts.

I emailed MM and asked what was up and Mike directed me towards using their MMCO-2 kit and that would work just fine with theKYB's. He did say to go with a different strut other than KYB for the rear because they eyelets would probably not hold the weight of the car, which is fine, I have some cheap oem ones that need to be replaced anyways.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

I ran Team Z coil overs on garbage KYB GR2's for a couple years. I never had any issues really, but there came a point where I wanted it to handle well, which it was not doing with the KYB's lol, quite bouncy to say the least. It will work on the front, there are definitely much better setups out there though. Stock front Bilsteins from an 03-04 cobra are a decent option, although not adjustable.

I have a brand new set front and rear of strange 10 ways for sale. I run maximum motorsports coils with 03/04 bilsteins. Great set up. Handles great. Expect to pay 250-300 for them though. Maximum motorsports coil kit gives you a lot more coil to lower it if your running 12/14 inch long springs. I also have a new set up of granetlli coil over kit with 12/175 springs. (I had two cars building but I just started to part it out)

On going project, 94 cobra, r block, tfsr225, hp efi, vortech ys

Instagram [MENTION=584]Rolocut[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk