Brian

Technology Central - Offical BS Thread

A place for us geeks to BS and talk tech.

- - - Updated - - -

Since I'm not getting a Xbox One anytime soon I figured I'd go pick up the new COD: Ghost for the 360. I also recently purchased a new 60" Panasonic ST60 plamsa so I had to see how the graphics were. I didn't get to spend as much time as I wanted last night playing but this weekend I'm hoping to.

There you are! I was hoping you'd see this quickly.

I've played all of the COD games so of course I'll continue to buy them. And I switched to Xbox back when the first xbox came out. I had both the original Xbox and the PS2. Then I just continued on the Xbox path and have never considered getting a PS again. I don't hate the PS systems. Just my preference.

I'm definitely looking forward to catching up on the tech world and also seeing what other games are out there. I'll be picking up a few others as time goes on.

- - - Updated - - -

I just watched that video you posted. "WOW" is the first thing that I thought. I would definitely upgrade to the newer systems if I had the spare cash.

This is whats going to start to separate the new systems from last gen. Games like this and The Order 1886 will be for current gen systems only. A lot of people whine if a game is not for both consoles but hell you cant have your cake and eat it to.

fuck the xbox or ps, Wii U is where it's at! ... lol seriously though, i find the wii games way more entertaining and more enjoyable to relax playing than 90% of the games on the xbox and ps. Don't get me wrong tho, i'd still rock a ps4 or xbox 1 if i could afford it right now :D

What kind? I've wanted a DSLR for awhile but have never picked one up yet.

I'm looking at either a Nikon D5100 or D3200. Still have to do a bit of research before I get it. 

I was looking at Canon's lineup as well since they've gotten much better over the years, but i'm probably going to stick to Nikon.

Just upgraded the computron, posted another thread about it.  I prefer computer gaming to console gaming.  I can get almost any title on the PC that comes out on consoles and MANY more that are PC exclusive.  No I am not a WoW gamer...  eeeww...

I thought about getting into PC gaming at one point but there are to many games that never see the PC that I really like so overall I would have been missing out.

I'm looking at either a Nikon D5100 or D3200. Still have to do a bit of research before I get it. 

I was looking at Canon's lineup as well since they've gotten much better over the years, but i'm probably going to stick to Nikon.

I was looking at getting both of those as well, or I at least remember reading up on them. Nikon makes some really nice camera's 

I thought about getting into PC gaming at one point but there are to many games that never see the PC that I really like so overall I would have been missing out.

Yeah I hear that, if there is an exclusive title it sometimes is worth it just for that title.  I would only maybe think about buying a Wii honestly because Nintendo exclusive titles are a bit different and its good when you have a 5 yr old lol.  Hell, last console I bought new was the original Xbox lol.  

When you have kids that makes a difference. I dont have any so I have about as much use for a Wii or a Wii U as a rock lol. There is just nothing about that system game wise or system wise that I really like but other people love it and for kids its great, its just not for me.  The very best games Ive played over the years have been Sony exclusive titles even though the new Metal Gear game is going to the XB1 as well it does not change the fact that anything that comes out of the Sony Sana Monica studio is gold and always a exclusive on the Playstation and thats just one of the many great Sony studio's out there.

iTunes and Apple can go eat a D!  I've been trying to sync my old iphone (use it just for music) to my music for hours now and nothing will convert over. 

Ya you go in the folder and all your songs are named ngdz or zfrq or some bullshit vs the actual name of the song.  Thanks Apple for making it impossible to use any other product for stuff I PAID FOR!  They can go straight onto an erect 12" unlubed cock.  

Go on... I'm curious as to why?

The biggest problem for me has been iTunes. I have an iPhone 4 & 5. Both of which I have syncing problems with. I use the 4 for music only (like an iPod) but what good is it if I can't even sync it with iTunes?! I'm sure there's some solution somewhere but why does it have to be omega complicated?! "Well you have to disconnect the jorgans and turn option xyz off then hold the phone 3 feet above sea level and spin around 3.5 times". It's just BS anymore.

The biggest problem for me has been iTunes. I have an iPhone 4 & 5. Both of which I have syncing problems with. I use the 4 for music only (like an iPod) but what good is it if I can't even sync it with iTunes?! I'm sure there's some solution somewhere but why does it have to be omega complicated?! "Well you have to disconnect the jorgans and turn option xyz off then hold the phone 3 feet above sea level and spin around 3.5 times". It's just BS anymore.

I just copypasta my music folder onto the 64 gig SD card in my phone.  When it asks "copy and replace?" I say skip and it just loads the new songs.  I have an android though and my phone has a removable battery and SD card slot.  Imagine that. 

One of my greatest Android vs iCrap moments was when I was still a flyer and the entire crew except me had iCraps.  After a 15 hour work day and then another 6 hours out in Los Angeles we needed to GPS back to the hotel.  Everyone's phones were dead except mine lol.  My 2 year old Bionic with an extended battery still had 20+% and I GPS'd us back to the hotel.  Then we kept drinking.  I miss being on the road but it killed my family life...  too much money spent in Europe too.  

Yeah I am really considering not getting a new phone even now that my Bionic is easily over 2 years old.  Extended battery, custom rom, wireless tether hack baked in, overclocked a little, task killer, no ads or bloatware at all does everything I want and has a pentile screen so I can see outside really well.  Also I have all the docks for it including the Lapdock.  

When I was on the road it would routinely go over 30 hours per charge on somewhat light use but still.  I am VERY interested in the new Blackberry Z30 though.  The new BB 10.2 OS kicks serious ass and you can load pretty much any Android app onto it too so that whole "no app" argument holds no water.  

• Supporting Member

Is redbox no longer carrying games? I keep updating their listing and see they haven't gotten any new games to rent since December 6th and I just got an update that the new assassins creed launched today.. would hope redbox snags that!

Is redbox no longer carrying games? I keep updating their listing and see they haven't gotten any new games to rent since December 6th and I just got an update that the new assassins creed launched today.. would hope redbox snags that!

hmm, i was just at one the other day and they had games, didnt notice if they were new ones or not though.

• Supporting Member
hmm, i was just at one the other day and they had games, didnt notice if they were new ones or not though.

Yeah they still have some for rent just haven't updated in over a month. Not happy bout that!