ttocs

picked out my hood but need a hood pin

so after a lot of thought, looking and dreaming I finally decided that I am going to bite the bullet and get a VIS racing carbon fiber y2k cobra R hood.  I don't want to dip into checking/savings for it so I have some stuff I will be selling to cover the cost of it, but now I officially can't wait!

So the next big topic is of course some hood pins for it to keep it locked down.  I don't want the old school sticking up out of my hood, I want something flush if seen at all.  I have been looking at the rear-mount flush/locking  aero catches and like those but wasn't sure if there was something better or cooler?  Any ideas?

I love the look of the aerocatch back mounted flush kit but I thought I saw once there was another type hat was more of a remote system  that didn't require a hole cut into the hood?

How about these  thingy's anyone used them to say they are worth the extra price?  I don't mind cutting a hole in the hood with all the other cutting I have done now but if I can avoid cutting into CF I would like too.   I also like the security of them with out the extra piece sticking out as they will keep the hood smooth.

How about these thingy's anyone used them to say they are worth the extra price? I don't mind cutting a hole in the hood with all the other cutting I have done now but if I can avoid cutting into CF I would like too. I also like the security of them with out the extra piece sticking out as they will keep the hood smooth.

What things?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Interesting way to go about it. 

I personally would want to secure the pin to the hood with something other than the sheet metal screws, especially with when fastening them to fiberglass.  In the description they are fastening to the stock 05-09 aluminum hood.

ah cool thanks I figured they had been done.  They will be done again too!  I would also like to make a grill to keep leaves or other crap out as well as a cover to keep water out.  Anyone have any links to pics/builds that shows that?