ttocs

how to hide the rear engine harness?

for the next part of my project I would like to try and make it so that the hrns that runs along the firewall isn't so high or easy to see.  Is there any problem moving it down further or what have others done to hide it?  I will be pulling the motor shortly and not afraid of wiring so not sure if there is a way to extend/hide it?  Pics are always helpful thanks in advance.

Pop a hole in the trans tunnel right past the firewall and run it inside of the car. No pics, just makes sense to me lol

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

are you cutting it and then feeding it through, the firewall? As big as the harness is I have a hard time imagining the grommet it would go through.....

I haven't done it yet. idk what the big harness attaches to bit think if you started with the individual connectors you could feed it through

I haven't done it yet. idk what the big harness attaches to bit think if you started with the individual connectors you could feed it through

are you planning on taking out the dash to do this as well?

are you planning on taking out the dash to do this as well?

maybe. but you might be able to get away without pulling the dash if you pop it out through the side of the trans tunnel mepu5uqa.jpg

took a look at it this morning and it isn't as bad as I thought it would be.  I would probably need to extend it anyway so getting it through the hole isn't a problem then.  Amazing how much cleaner that corner looks now with out the ac dryer and that big ass harness. 

As detriot daid go threw the side of the tunnel no extending needed...look at my build thread for location reference.

are you pulling the pins out of the hrns and pulling it back through the firewall opening?  I can't see anyway of going through the inside with out taking the dash out and I am pretty sure I am not going to be doing that till the next time the heater core goes out.....

Scott Ill break it down like this. Hideing the injector harness is like hiding the rest of it. Whatever works for you is what it is. No right or wrong. In my case I simply cut the hole large enough for the connector went threw with the harness plug intact and simply joined it to the other side. Already had body plugs big enough for the holes so no biggie. You can get the harness to sit behind the dash without taking it out BTW.  You can also just make a plate with a hole in it cut it in half and weld it into the cut you made for the harness connection to fit threw. I mean I can think of 30 different ways to go about it. just think about it for a minute and it will come to ya.