f04682

Changing rear wheel studs w/abs

Hey guys, I need some help changing the rear wheel studs on the back of my 94 GT with abs.  I have gotten the stud free from the hub, but I can't stud past the abs wheel.  If anybody has encountered this problem please help me out "and please don't tell me that I have to pull the axle" cause that would suck !!!

I basically just beat mine past the abs ring.

You can cut the stud as close to the Wheels mounting surface as possible to get it out cleanly. However, that does not help the install.

Shitty engineering on fords part. The only way to get the new stud in, without grinding a flat, is to press the ABS ring off

Well I was able to get them out after I quit acting like a girl and gave if one good whack with my 2 lbs hammer.  They would leave a scratch on the abs ring, but no grinding and the new ones went in the same way with a slight love tap !!!  Thanks for the help guys !!!

Can't see why you would take apart the whole axle assembly and delete the ABS when you can just tap the stud past the ring.  If you are going to go through that much trouble, then put Moroso studs in that are a lot less likely to break and re install the abs rings.  I usually cut the old stud shorter with an angle grinder.  That way it pops right out.  Then tap the new stud past the ring.  It dings it slightly on the edge, but it does not effect the operation of the ABS.

Kurt