jasonkb77

GT to Cobra cluster swap!?

Hey fellas, just picked up a Cobra cluster from a 98 to swap into my 97 GT.. Google turns up a lot of assumptions.. Has anyone done this personally? Do I need to switch the boards? Can I keep my odometer from the GT? Ive never messed with the clusters on sn95s before, so.. As always, your insight is appreciated.

Hey fellas, just picked up a Cobra cluster from a 98 to swap into my 97 GT.. Google turns up a lot of assumptions.. Has anyone done this personally? Do I need to switch the boards? Can I keep my odometer from the GT? Ive never messed with the clusters on sn95s before, so.. As always, your insight is appreciated.

I put a 97 cobra cluster into my 96 gt, it worked just fine. Didn't need to swap anything. I'm not worried about selling or the mileage being off so I never looked changing the odometer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98 cobra clusters must be used with 98 v6/gt cars ill find the article. 96/97 will works with 94-97 v6 cars and 96/97 gt cars. i was about to buy my buddies 98 cobra cluster for my car... but then i realized my v6 will never see above 120mph lol

I installed the cluster Monday evening. It was in fact plug and play. I will be switching out the odometer this weekend after realizing the cobra one is broken.. Anyone know where I can snag some svt stickers for it?

@fry may be interested in buying your old cluster FYI

Sure. Make an offer. 

I installed the cluster Monday evening. It was in fact plug and play. I will be switching out the odometer this weekend after realizing the cobra one is broken.. Anyone know where I can snag some svt stickers for it?

Sure. Make an offer.

I just saw a bunch of people on fb talking about th svt sticker forthe cluster, I'll see if I can dig it up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

i wanna swap a cobra cluster into my GT now that the 4V is in it, but there's so many other things that need to be done before i worry about petty stuff like that (petty to me that is, not saying you shouldn't have done it)

thanks for the help with the decals. its just a shame that the SN's clusters dont use the SVT as a shift light like the shelby's do. I guess with a little time and design you could make it work!

thanks for the help with the decals. its just a shame that the SN's clusters dont use the SVT as a shift light like the shelby's do. I guess with a little time and design you could make it work!

the technology didnt exist in the 90's .... lol jk   im sure with some ingenuity it could be done pretty easily!