laddanator

Cam Degree

Question for you push rod guys. I'm installing a B303 cam in my DD 94 GT. I understand that there is better cams out there, but I'm old school and I like the old school letter cams. Now that we have that out of the way, since the B303 cam is setup for 4 degree advance from the factory, I was told that it didn't require a degree. How many of you that have used the letter cams, not degree it?

Yea I'm with them on degreeing the cam . I would have chose the E or F cam over the B just my 2 cents . I had a f303 in my old combo and it wasn't a bad cam with gt40 heads

• Supporting Member

After all of the cam installations I have done, degreeing each one. I have yet to find ONE camshaft that was ground incorrectly, or needed adjustment to set the proper specs.

Same

I have the b and did not degree it. All the research I did on it suggested not to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ended up degreeing it, but dot to dot location was perfect. I'm pretty sure dot to dot is perfect for all letter cams.

Small idle clip with my new cam.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=579172445559632&set=vb.100004006468267&type=3&theater

Question for you push rod guys. I'm installing a B303 cam in my DD 94 GT. I understand that there is better cams out there, but I'm old school and I like the old school letter cams. Now that we have that out of the way, since the B303 cam is setup for 4 degree advance from the factory, I was told that it didn't require a degree. How many of you that have used the letter cams, not degree it?

For the amount of time/work to degree a cam with the time/work to install it, I would degree it for sure. Not degree-ing it is the right way to go, simply put. 

Lol wut?

Good lord, my brain was fried during CAD class when I typed that.

Revision: it doesn't take that much time to degree a cam especially when you take into consideration the time/work it takes to swap a cam. Definitely degree it so it's done right.

Sent from bored/stroked iPhone 6 Plus