kbscobravert

McLoed Hydraulic throwout bearing conversion and Viper T56

Anyone been down this road yet?

Viper T56

McLeod hyd throwout bearing....fully threaded IN the bearing face is 1.725" from face of trans which is 1.3"+/- from the fingers

Custom twin disc.....fingers are 3.06" from face of trans.

The bearing gets .06" closer with every turn on the adapter sleeve. At my measurements it would take about 23 turns to give me the .100" - .150" gap.

It boils down to, I need to move the threaded sleeve of the bearing away from the face of the trans about an inch but still give that sleeve something to push against.

This picture shows the sleeve threaded all the way out.

20150722_213840.jpg

20150722_213903_001-1.jpg

My cable setup used this adjustable pivot ball bracket but I believe that the sleeve will fit inside the i.d. so it would be no help

Screenshot_2015-07-23-07-40-11.png

20150722_213927_001.jpg

I've toyed with the idea of hydraulic clutch but not yet acted on it because everything I've gathered has said the McLeod kit is shoddy. That being said, I've heard the best set ups use bits and pieces from the McLeod kit.

Any who, you should be able to make a little sleeve spacer to fit over the input shaft of the trans I would imagine

I've toyed with the idea of hydraulic clutch but not yet acted on it because everything I've gathered has said the McLeod kit is shoddy. That being said, I've heard the best set ups use bits and pieces from the McLeod kit.

Any who, you should be able to make a little sleeve spacer to fit over the input shaft of the trans I would imagine

I think I am going to ask them to send me a second threaded sleeve. I can have it cut down and it would be a perfect spacer.

That said, I think their kit has improved. I also remember their customer service being top notch. Hopefully it is still that way.

How long ago did you buy the kit? I think (don't quote me) is issues people were having was with the slave cylinder and reservoir. So I think people were using the McLeod TOB with a wilwood master and slave

How long ago did you buy the kit? I think (don't quote me) is issues people were having was with the slave cylinder and reservoir. So I think people were using the McLeod TOB with a wilwood master and slave

It is a newer one. Only had it a month.

I got it figured out. Had to add a spacer behind the threaded colar. Laugh but I used a piece of fence pipe. It fit perfectly over the tob shaft.

It is a newer one. Only had it a month.

I got it figured out. Had to add a spacer behind the threaded colar. Laugh but I used a piece of fence pipe. It fit perfectly over the tob shaft.

Haha hey! Whatever works

How does the pedal action feel now with the hydraulic conversion?

Like a Honda civic from the driver's seat but I haven't got it on the road yet.

Haha hey! Whatever works

Exactly. I wanted as much if the threaded collar inside the hydraulic body as I could get. Good news was, can get my hands in the clutch fork hole to spin the hydraulic body to get the right depth.

What year is your car? I'm on tapatalk so I can't view sigs.

95 cobra, QuickTime bellhousing, frpp steel flywheel, clutch dynamics twin ceramic clutch, McLeod hydraulic throwout bearing conversion, Viper T56.

Thank you. I had a feeling it was a push rod, but I was hoping you were a mod motor.

The application should be identical aside from bellhousing and the length of his cheater piece

The application should be identical aside from bellhousing and the length of his cheater piece

The Viper has a different front plate. There is a greater distance between the clutch face and the shoulder that the hydraulic throwout bearing sits on.

This is the adapter to run a clutch fork on a Viper.

You have to take it off. Notice that there isn't a bolt on steel bearing shaft.

20150722_213840.jpg

What I had to do to get the bearing hydraulic body moved forward.

20150724_191324.jpg

A regular ford installed t56 would not have this problem with McLoed's conversion.

That said, I measured the stroke last night to right at .400" which is perfect with my clutch manufacturer's spec.

Should be able to fire it up tonight and run through the gears with the rear off the ground.

20150802_211013.jpg

The Viper has a different front plate. There is a greater distance between the clutch face and the shoulder that the hydraulic throwout bearing sits on.

This is the adapter to run a clutch fork on a Viper.

You have to take it off. Notice that there isn't a bolt on steel bearing shaft.

20150722_213840.jpg

What I had to do to get the bearing hydraulic body moved forward.

20150724_191324.jpg

A regular ford installed t56 would not have this problem with McLoed's conversion.

That said, I measured the stroke last night to right at .400" which is perfect with my clutch manufacturer's spec.

Should be able to fire it up tonight and run through the gears with the rear off the ground.

20150802_211013.jpg

Ahhhhh my mistake, thanks for clarifying! @Evilcw311 you were asking about a viper t56 the other day?

Yeah. I can get a Dodge Viper t56 for $1k which is not to be confused with a viper spec t56. 2 totally different trannys.

My question is which are you using?!? If you are using the Dodge Viper t56 what all have you had to do to make it work in our cars and is it then worth it to spend $1k on one or will I end up spending close to the $4k that a magnum cost?!?

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

To the best of my knowledge, they are 1 and same. Mine was purchased as a "Viper spec t56" and has the 2 Viper emblems embossed in the casing.

I am willing to be wrong.

$1K for the trans even of you have to make it work is still a lot if room to play with until $4k.

Friend of mine looked into it for his Mach. Apparently the master cylinder doesn't clear the valve cover. According to McLeod at least.