Det_Riot

Best Product for Stripping Paint?

Just got my "new" calipers in so while i wait for the second to show up, I'm working on stripping the paint off of the one that I have. I've wire wheeled basically all that I can but now I'm running out of places to hit because of the crevasses. What product that I can get from like lowes or home depot will take this shit paint off?

look at the ingredients on the stripper, make sure it contains methaleyne chloride.

If you can find methaleyne chloride on it's own, that will strip anything down. Make sure to wear heavy duty gloves with a strong stripper though. I'm the kind of person who shrugs my shoulders at safety. But I've gotten bad burns from paint strippers before.

When I prep stuff for powdercoating (which requires the parts be ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY CLEAN) I start with aircraft stripper, then glass bead blast. Unless you blast the part, you'll never get all the residue.

Paul.

When I prep stuff for powdercoating (which requires the parts be ABSOLUTELY PERFECTLY CLEAN) I start with aircraft stripper, then glass bead blast. Unless you blast the part, you'll never get all the residue.

Paul.

Right on thanks paul. Since I'm waiting for the other caliper to arrive I figured ud help out my powdercoater a bit with the prep

ok ok, but whatever stripper you look at, check the ingredients. some stuff is labeled "aircraft stripper" and doesn't contain methaleyne chloride, and it isn't worth a crap.

aways have wondered' date=' how well would aircraft paint stripper work on a car thats been spray painted over its top coat. to add to that, how much paint would it strip, down to the bare metal, or primer; somewhere in between?[/quote']

From the videos I saw online, it goes down to bare metal, primer and all

go to walmart and in the paint section you will see a product called citri-strip, and orange based stripper/cleaner. Its non-toxic, emits very little fumes(orange scented) to the point I did it in my basement with out a problem. I stripped the powder off of a cobra intake and all it took was some time. I put a thick coat on after dinner and the next morning the powder was just wrinkled up and falling off. A 2nd coat and a little time with a wire brush and I was suprised how easy it took off 20 yr old powder, paint would be no problem.