Luis@OrtizPerformance

Wile E Coyote Build

Because no. :lol:

j/k The transmission is still in the vehicle. I'm not going to take it out so I can bolt it on and then put it back in.

oh gotcha lol. I was gonna say that's doing it the tough way

Finally the engine is in. God damn it was hard as fuck but we got it done. It's a little crooked because it was hard as a bitch to get the motor mounts with the k member. It almost didn't go in but it did after a ton of maneuvering. It started getting dark and we were all tired like fuck so we called it a day. The engine needs to move more to the driver side so it can sit all the way down the k member so it can finally sit straight but other than that, its in there.

post-20-13881836547881_thumb.jpg

post-20-13881836548971_thumb.jpg

Lol ok lets get back on topic. The first time this engine went up to put it in the engine bay, one of the threads where the bolt was just stripped like hell. The engine almost fell but the rear bolts held onto it and my brother almost lost a finger. Pretty dangerous so we tied up the chains in 8 different locations. It wasnt going anywhere after that.

That engine is huge man, glad its almost all the way in. Will you have enough clearance for the hydroboost assembly??

Thats the question of the day. The engine is so freaking huge that it might clear just a tad or I would have to modify the valve cover to get it to fit.

Had to shave the sides of the heads, measure everything to make sure it'll seal up perfectly, drilled and tapped for the new bolts, and thats it. It doesnt sound like much but its a lot of work to make sure it seals up perfectly, trust me.

Do you have any pics of what you did?

Finally was able to straighten the engine out. I just bolted the chain only on the passenger side and picked it up a little bit. While it was tilted the way I wanted it, I went under the car and tightened the fuck out of the motor mounts. Now, next order of business is to line the transmission up with the engine and thats it. The dust cover is a pain in the dick so a mechanic friend of mine owes me some money so I'm going to tell him, "Hey dude, remember the money you owe me? Well I think we can work out a deal for that will work great for both of us ;)"

When do you think fire up date will be?

Shit I dont know. I need more stuff for the car and I also work on customer's vehicles so I'm only able to work on it when I don't have work that day or waiting on parts for other people. Tomorrow will be the last day I will be able to work on it since I already have 2 guys coming in Saturday for porting and polishing a Lightning blower, plenum, and throttle body. Then another guy for a tune.

I will ask my buddy if he wants to pay off his debt lining up the transmission and dust cover for me.

Shit I dont know. I need more stuff for the car and I also work on customer's vehicles so I'm only able to work on it when I don't have work that day or waiting on parts for other people. Tomorrow will be the last day I will be able to work on it since I already have 2 guys coming in Saturday for porting and polishing a Lightning blower, plenum, and throttle body. Then another guy for a tune.

I will ask my buddy if he wants to pay off his debt lining up the transmission and dust cover for me.

well what's left on it?