frank830

So I got an offer to trade my 94 GT for a 03 GT what do y'all think?

He's is stock except for CAI and has 150,000 miles. Manual transmission, only thing is it has a salvage title he said he's had it for 4 years but never really uses it, only thing is that it has a slight pull to one side. I haven't gone to check it out yet but and I wanted to see what y'all think before I go check it out. I got a friend that works at a body shop and said shouldn't be too bad to fix. I'm looking for a newer mustang because I'm liking the new edge and heard they can make more power easier than the pushrods. Mine dynoed at 228 rwhp and 283 lbtq I plan on taking his to get a compression test done before we trade (if we trade) and to get checked out about the alignment issue

post-536-0-45760000-1441652842_thumb.jpg

post-536-0-36945100-1441652875_thumb.jpg

post-536-0-87320200-1441652895_thumb.jpe

post-536-0-49047500-1441652930_thumb.jpe

I'm looking for a newer mustang because I'm liking the new edge and heard they can make more power easier than the pushrods. Mine dynoed at 228 rwhp and 283 lbtq

Figures that when I go looking for my dyno sheets, I can't find them. I'm around 75-76K miles right now and dyno'd at about 240hp and 285tq at the wheels with a handful of bolt-ons and a very mild 93 tune.

Your car has a rebuilt/fresh motor, his has what is probably a pretty tired 150k mile motor. Unless you're head over heels for the new edge styling, the fresh motor vs. high mileage motor factor would make the decision for me.

i get the whole mustang must make fast yee haaa type shit but yours looks clean his looks like ass!! you'd have to repair it and it has a salvage title plus looks rough as hell just to one day get more power maybe from  4.6? hell no!!! 

if anything i'd supercharge yours and ditch the tail lights  :ph34r:

Oh ok thanks everyone

He also had a 97 cobra supercharged should I consider that one?

Last time I asked he didn't know how much power it was making

He wanted 2k on top of the trade maybe I can convince him to an even trade

That one had a clear title

Oh ok thanks everyone

I would stick with your car because of the previous thread where this was your DD and you could not afford to break down.  A supercharged car is going to give you more problems than a relatively stock car.  

Oh ok thanks everyone

I still think that sounds kind of fishy.  If I had a supercharged 4v, I couldn't make myself want to trade for an NA pushrod car.  

Thanks everyone I decided to keep mine

Put some heads and a vortech s trim and call it a day and for sure get rid of the tail lights

I think you'll be glad you decided against the trade. It seems like you've put a good bit of work into yours and are finally getting it closer to where you want it to be...I wouldn't want to start over fixing a car that someone else wanted out of. A set of mild heads like AFR 165's and a low boost S-trim (maybe 8-10psi) and you'll have a very fun car that won't give you a ton of trouble. Just don't let the boost bug bite you too hard, it can seem easy to put a small pulley on that blower and crank up the boost but without a beefy block you'll be building a new motor soon.

So the shop said I can get away with putting heads and I can just put the vortech, said I should gain around 100rwhp I'm at 228 rwhp and 282lbs tq so hopefully I'll be at 328 rwhp and 382lbs tq

What would I need to upgrade as I get closer to 400rwhp?

I know I'll need a better transmission