MMR

Is a Wideband Air/Fuel ratio gauge worth getting?

Plus if you're doing your own tuning or working with a tuner on doing tunes for you, it will really help you nail in a tune if you know exactly what AFR you're running under different scenarios.

^ do it then make a how too! =D it doesnt seem too hard as long as the screen will fit in that space!

Unfortunately, because of school I wont be able to work on my car for along time. :(

In my opinion, they are only worth it if you have FI. Or maybe fully HCI NA build.

If you are close to stock its not worth the money except it does look pretty darn cool and it will impress chicks and people may assume you are more modded than you are which has its pros and cons haha.

I definitely like the idea of integrating it into the clock pod.

In my opinion, they are only worth it if you have FI. Or maybe fully HCI NA build.

If you are close to stock its not worth the money except it does look pretty darn cool and it will impress chicks and people may assume you are more modded than you are which has its pros and cons haha.

I definitely like the idea of integrating it into the clock pod.

Yeah I am totally going to get laid with a wideband monitor...awwww yyyeeeaaarrrhhhhh!! :D

Stay away from the aem cause you can't open air calibrate them (unless it has changed)

someone is ignorant to facts... The AEM doesnt require an open air calibration, and systems that make you do such, are substandard.

You are aware that some modern cars are factory equipped with A/F sensors... right? Is the manufacturer doing us a disservice by not making us remove stock A/F sensors to calibrate them?

It definitely helps with tuning, I wouldn't buy a wideband of all you want is the lights, buy a $70 autometer narrowband one. But if you've messed with injectors, maf meter, full hci or you just want to pull to max power out of a combo it helps to be able to log and have data right there

Just my .02

I cant decide which I want, obviously the extra lights can be a little much sometimes but I also feel like it would help to show you where about you are without needing to focus on the actual number.

someone is ignorant to facts... The AEM doesnt require an open air calibration, and systems that make you do such, are substandard.

You are aware that some modern cars are factory equipped with A/F sensors... right? Is the manufacturer doing us a disservice by not making us remove stock A/F sensors to calibrate them?

I'd prefer to be able to open air cal mine ...... Why would taking that feature away make something better.....

If youre messing around enough to need a wide band ..... Open air cal is a plus to me ....

I am well aware of cars coming with a/f sensors ..... Huge majority only being narrow bands and huge majority of cars/owners care,need, or benefit from that much calibration ......

I got mine from plx designs with a dm6 touchscreen digital display. You can select a few different ways to view it from graphical to numerical. Won't fit in the clock pod honestly you will have a fun time getting anything short of a very small display in there. I have had 2 different remote radar detectors in there but they were small 1-line displays.

The other advantage of the dm-6 is you can connect other sensors to it as well and it will alarm when one reaches limits you set even while viewing a different sensor.

I am well aware of cars coming with a/f sensors ..... Huge majority only being narrow bands and huge majority of cars/owners care,need, or benefit from that much calibration ......

Wrong... again. There is a clear and distinct difference between an A/F sensor and an O2 sensor. Nissans, Toyotas, Subarus are among some of the manufacturers that use a 5v A/F sensor.

Open air calibration isnt a "feature" its a fix for a bad design.

Do you get the data from the sensor module to your computer? ..or how does it work exactly?

Sorry if dumb question.

I have a PLX wideband in my car. I connected a serial cable to the wideband control module and ran it through my glovebox. Whenever I datalog I plug it into the port on my Xcal2 and select the analogue input on Livelink. That gives me the A/F on my datalogs.

I have a PLX wideband in my car. I connected a serial cable to the wideband control module and ran it through my glovebox. Whenever I datalog I plug it into the port on my Xcal2 and select the analogue input on Livelink. That gives me the A/F on my datalogs.

So you upload the data from the wideband control module to your tuner and upload the data from the tuner to your computer? 48917_100003575035440_953863497_q.jpg

wideband control module --> tuner --> Computer.

I know plx had some GREAT prices on that combo right before x-mas if you do not need it today keep your eyes open. Like I said that one is nice because you can also hook up air/liquid temp modules, vac module, oil pressure, ect. I think if you wanted too it can be hooked up to 32 modules if you had that many if I remember correctly.

So you upload the data from the wideband control module to your tuner and upload the data from the tuner to your computer? 48917_100003575035440_953863497_q.jpg

wideband control module --> tuner --> Computer.

There's no uploading. It Xcal2 is used as a pass through to connect the computer to the car. So I can watch it in real time or wait and look it over later.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

I know plx had some GREAT prices on that combo right before x-mas if you do not need it today keep your eyes open. Like I said that one is nice because you can also hook up air/liquid temp modules, vac module, oil pressure, ect. I think if you wanted too it can be hooked up to 32 modules if you had that many if I remember correctly.

Yeah the PLXs are awesome. I really like those.

There's no uploading. It Xcal2 is used as a pass through to connect the computer to the car. So I can watch it in real time or wait and look it over later.

Not sure I understand. Where do you plug the wideband in then? 48917_100003575035440_953863497_q.jpg

]

Not sure I understand. Where do you plug the wideband in then? 48917_100003575035440_953863497_q.jpg

There's a port on the SCT hand held that you can plug external devices into. I have cable that runs from the wideband to the hand held. Then the hand held is plugged into the laptop. Using the Livelink software I'm then able to datalog whatever parameters I choose. Including A/F.

be aware that for some you will need to weld a bung on your exhaust to mount the sensor, some use the stock one.

All widebands require a seperate bung for the sensor. If it uses the stock sensor it's a narrow band and useless.

All widebands require a seperate bung for the sensor. If it uses the stock sensor it's a narrow band and useless.

Misinformation brought to you by Tapatalk

Some aftermarket WB systems have a narrow band output which allow you to delete one narrow band O2, and replace it with a wideband sensor.

The M-300 Tuner Edition measures wideband air fuel ratio and comes with a Bosch LSU 4.2 wideband o2 sensor. It includes all the same features as the SM-AFR wideband controller (UEGO) with a built-in fuel select knob and 4 digit digital display. It's design for the tuner in mind and can be transported from vehicle to vehicle easily. The wideband controller (M-300TE) works with gasoline, biodiesel, ethanol, methanol, E85, LPG, and CNG. It includes two analog outputs (wideband 0-5V, and narrowband 0-1V) for interfacing with 3rd party devices and one digital serial output for interfacing with the DM-6 gauge and other Multi Gauges. The wideband analog output is ideal for interfacing with aftermarket ECU's and data loggers. The narrowband output is ideal for stock narrowband oxygen sensor replacement where the simulated narrowband analog output is fed back into your ECU to make it operate as if the stock narrowband oxygen sensor is still installed while running the PLX wideband setup. All three outputs can be used simultaneously. Additional features include advanced soft start technology which prolongs the oxygen sensor's life and an aluminum enclosure for durability and reliability.
Edited by The Mk2
1st Amendment... I will not be censored!