jedpony

Good deal on procharger?

Found a p1sc procharger 3 core intercooler. Everything included, 12,000 miles on unit. Guy wants 1400 $. Good deal? my car is basically stock, with full exhaust and bolt ons. Was originally going to do hci first, but i like the idea of throwing a blower on it first. Thoughts?

I got it! What should I expect hp wise with 11psi and full bolt ons? Recommendations on what injector size? (It comes with a maf tuned for 42 lb injectors. Do I need to change my fuel pump?

What came in the kit? We usually send out 42 or 52# injectors with the 94-95 kits unless customer asks for other size. I would say low 400srwhp with basic bolt-ons.

How often did he service it? Did he send any oil with you when you bought it? A full service on a headunit is around $1000 unless bearings and impellers need replaced, etc. Then you're looking closer to $1300-$1500.

That was a great price for the kit, btw

^ +1, I have 42's on mine, made 556 on the first pull before we backed timing down to keep it under 500 (for block lifespan reasons lol) so 42's are plenty. For the pump, I have an Aeromotive Stealth which works great.

42s it is. Ill decide on fuel pump later. What exactly is a power pipe? Do I need one? Kinda confused on that subject. Im probably gonna take it down to rodeheavens down near uniontown pa for the tune after I install everything. Will It be drivable to drive it there? (I live a few hours away)

Honestly I wouldn't drive it that far, you risk detonation, etc, can it do it? Most likely, would I? No lol

That 3 core you have is a great intercooler, it's good to 750hp I believe.

What psi is it pullied for?

I originally thought it was a 11psi, but i looked back at my old questions, (i asked him on ebay) and he said its a 9psi pulley.

What size pulley? There should be numbers punched into the pulley face

Not sure on what is says, its being shipped to me right now. When i get it next week ill see what it is. Its also a custom 8 rib pulley. As far as ive read and know an eight rib pulley reduces belt slip?

42s it is. Ill decide on fuel pump later. What exactly is a power pipe? Do I need one? Kinda confused on that subject. Im probably gonna take it down to rodeheavens down near uniontown pa for the tune after I install everything. Will It be drivable to drive it there? (I live a few hours away)

Sorry I just saw this post, if you get an SCT 4 bank chip and send it to Tim at Rodeheavers, he can burn you a basic driving tune based on your setup to drive it there, that's what I had him do for me. He also tuned my car on his dyno, he's a great guy who knows what he is doing and has very fair prices. You won't be disappointed with his work.

As far as the pulley being 8 rib, that is better but to take advantage of it and run an 8 rib belt, all the other accessory drive pulleys need to be changed to 8 rib as well. You can run a 6 rib belt on an 8 rib pulley though, if you don't feel like doing all the other pulleys yet. My D1SC yields different boost for a given pulley size, but I have a 3.35 that makes 9psi on my HCI 347 w/ 10.8:1 compression, and the crank pulleys on cobras are a different size than GT's, etc. Not sure what boost the 3.40 will make for you because many things will affect the boost levels like the blower being a P1SC vs. D1SC, how many cubic inches your motor is, what compression ratio, what intake and heads you're running, etc. your best bet is to call Procharger and tell them everything about the car motor-wise and have them recommend a pulley size for you based on that info. They recommended me the 3.35 which put me right at the power/boost level I was after.

I should also mention that I am running a 6 rib pulley and belt and have had no belt slip issues. You won't have any problems with that until you try to use smaller pulleys and run high boost. A 3.400 pulley should be ok with a 6 rib belt.

Edited by 95riosnake

great deal!!! ... i have a pullied p1sc pushing about 14psi and she is a beast.... ^yes you will need to switch to an 8-rib kit and id also suggest getting a reinforced tensioner and a no-slip pulley........ before i switched to the 8-rib,non-slip reichard racing pulley and tensioner, i had alot of belt slippage issues..... it would even shread and completely tore apart my hood insulator twice....... you wont regret going with a procharger... ill tell you that much.

Sorry I just saw this post, if you get an SCT 4 bank chip and send it to Tim at Rodeheavers, he can burn you a basic driving tune based on your setup to drive it there, that's what I had him do for me. He also tuned my car on his dyno, he's a great guy who knows what he is doing and has very fair prices. You won't be disappointed with his work.

I just talked to tim over an email yesterday and we discussed me getting the sct chip and getting a drivable tune to get to the shop. Ive read up about him and as you as well as many others say hes one of the best. His prices really stood out for me.

As far as the pulley being 8 rib, that is better but to take advantage of it and run an 8 rib belt, all the other accessory drive pulleys need to be changed to 8 rib as well. You can run a 6 rib belt on an 8 rib pulley though, if you don't feel like doing all the other pulleys yet. My D1SC yields different boost for a given pulley size, but I have a 3.35 that makes 9psi on my HCI 347 w/ 10.8:1 compression, and the crank pulleys on cobras are a different size than GT's, etc. Not sure what boost the 3.40 will make for you because many things will affect the boost levels like the blower being a P1SC vs. D1SC, how many cubic inches your motor is, what compression ratio, what intake and heads you're running, etc. your best bet is to call Procharger and tell them everything about the car motor-wise and have them recommend a pulley size for you based on that info. They recommended me the 3.35 which put me right at the power/boost level I was after.

I should also mention that I am running a 6 rib pulley and belt and have had no belt slip issues. You won't have any problems with that until you try to use smaller pulleys and run high boost. A 3.400 pulley should be ok with a 6 rib belt.

It came with all the 8 rib accessory's that i need to switch over to my car so thats the good news, as well as the belt which i believe its a napa belt. I just sent an email to procharger about the pulley and if they have instruction manuals for my procharger. My dad will be helping me as hes more mechanically inclined. I feel like the hardest thing to install is the intercooler, ive got no idea where this thing mounts. I work at a body shop detailing cars so ill probably just get a buddy from work help me tear off the front end.

great deal!!! ... i have a pullied p1sc pushing about 14psi and she is a beast.... ^yes you will need to switch to an 8-rib kit and id also suggest getting a reinforced tensioner and a no-slip pulley........ before i switched to the 8-rib,non-slip reichard racing pulley and tensioner, i had alot of belt slippage issues..... it would even shread and completely tore apart my hood insulator twice....... you wont regret going with a procharger... ill tell you that much.

Is your car a 5.0? how much power are you putting down? Stock HCI?

Is your car a 5.0? how much power are you putting down? Stock HCI?

Nah she's got a 96? Gt. She can tell you the specs as I can't think of em right now haha