Drake

Coilovers

Like solar said, it just depends on your intentions with the car. If youre gonna go drag, you could get a full team z kit front and rear and they'd set you up with exactly what spring rate youd want.

I agree with the previous advice.

I tend to think like this:

Drag - Team Z or UPR front k-member + coilovers (comes in a kit) and leave a spring in the rear

Corner Carving - MM for best bang for buck and Griggs Racing, Agent 47, etc for if you have deep pockets but personally MM will do everything you need

DD or Stance - MM all the way

These are just my opinions and others might disagree.

^ Team Z has the Street Beast line now too, it's a road racing-style lineup of K members and A-arms, they're not just into drag anymore. Opal has one.

I know but I would only run their drag stuff. MM has better quality parts for road racing IMO.

Don't take that the wrong way, I'm a big fan of MM, but Team Z makes great products too. And if someone can't swing the $649, the Team Z at $459 might fit the bill. (those prices are comparing their k-members).

I am running MM coil overs in the back and Team Z coil overs in the front, both using Hyperco coils, and both coil over kits are very nice setups.

Edited by 95riosnake

I got 2 new monroe struts for $70 ish for the set with some auto zone coupons. And old style UPR coil overs new for $169 with 14-175 springs. Been driving on these for about 6+ months 60 miles a day and the car handles alright for the daily commute but weight transfers like. Beast at the track :) So if you want a drag style suspention you can do it but you can't go to low. This is as low as I can get me front on the street.uny7aqe9.jpg

I want the stance for sure slammed out but I wan to be able to adjust it up If I want to be able to cruise around an go to the strip if I want to. I am going. With quite a fat tire in the rear I just want to be able to do both things if capable. I was going to go with mm or team z already so that's good to get some opinions that say there a good choice. I'm just confused on the whole adjustable coilover and adjustable shock thing. And how to figure out spring rates is it the higher the number the stiffer the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can people post pics of there rides I they have coilovers and tell me what spring rate they have just to get an idea of what it looks like.

Thanks

Drake

Edited by Drake

I want the stance for sure slammed out but I wan to be able to adjust it up If I want to be able to cruise around an go to the strip if I want to. I am going. With quite a fat tire in the rear I just want to be able to do both things if capable. I was going to go with mm or team z already so that's good to get some opinions that say there a good choice. I'm just confused on the whole adjustable coilover and adjustable shock thing. And how to figure out spring rates is it the higher the number the stiffer the spring.

Yes. Lol put simply. The rating the have, 150lb/in 300lb/in is how much force it takes to compress the spring one inch. If you're gonna focus on drag, you'll need a softer spring ti promote weight transfer from front to back

I'm running MM coil overs on MM-2 struts/shocks all around, but i'm wanting to get into road racing etc. I have to run 400#'s in the front, and i'm at 275# in the rear currently. If I was just going to have a street machine I probably wouldn't run over 325# in the front since there's just not much point. Granted, the lower you want to go, the higher the spring rate you're going to need to prevent bottoming out. I never bottom out, but that's because my car's stiff. If I were you though, I wouldn't run a coil-over in the back, i'd just get an adjustable rear control arm. A soft spring in the back on coil-overs will probably bow in and out and rub your shocks.

Can people post pics of there rides I they have coilovers and tell me what spring rate they have just to get an idea of what it looks like.

Thanks

Drake

Spring rate has no direct impact on ride height. Like slykin said. The stiffer the spring the lower you can go without bottoming out. If you have a softer spring you aren't gonna want to be as low so you dont bottom out as your suspension moves

if I'm going to get the coilovers (correct me if im wrong)I should purchase the adjustable struts to tweak the ride quality and the spring perch I can adjust for tuck ability if I want to drop the height of the car or raise it.

Edited by Drake

^moved to right thread.

Yes. You get your adjustable shocks/struts. Then get your coilover kit which will be your springs n perches and such. The coilover will determine the height, and the shocks/struts will fine tune.

I've been researching coil overs for the front and a cut rear spring for the ass end, till I can get rear coil overs. I may go this route rather than buy lowering springs because of the adjustments I could make, and because I don't mind giving up ride quality for launch quality. lol

I been riding on GMS front coilovers since 07. I fully trust them. I rode from va to nj. I drove on some of the shoddiest streets on the coast. I am not brand loyal. If it works it works... I have seen first hand some shoddy coil over sleeves. Using sleeves that doesnt fit the struts is 99% of the coilover issues.

Sent by smoke signals

Lmao sorry skylin but have to run rear coilovers.

If you plan on running coils in the rear you will need to run a higher spring rate in the front which will negatively affect a drag set up. You need to research more before you make a decision on how you want to go about it and whos parts your going to use.

I know but I would only run their drag stuff. MM has better quality parts for road racing IMO.

What type of MM road racing components are you currently running? and what type of teamz components are you running or have run in the past to have such a strong oppinion? Please elaborate on your experience with either company if you would.

What type of MM road racing components are you currently running? and what type of teamz components are you running or have run in the past to have such a strong oppinion? Please elaborate on your experience with either company if you would.

It's a personal preference and opinion. I currently have no MM or Team Z parts on my car but will be ordering MMs completely K-Member kit and rear coilovers shortly after the IRS goes in.

I have seen both parts and have friends with both. I'm not saying Team Z doesn't make quality parts but again IMO I would stick to MM for road racing.

Plus from all of the research and time after time of years of proven MM road racing wins, innovations, etc plus their customer service is incredible. There are lots of reasons why I am bias to MM. But like I said that doesn't mean Team Z doesn't make good parts or that if someone ran their parts on a road race car that it wouldn't perform well. It's a preference.

Edited by Brian

It's a personal preference and opinion. I currently have no MM or Team Z parts on my car but will be ordering MMs completely K-Member kit and rear coilovers shortly after the IRS goes in.

I have seen both parts and have friends with both. I'm not saying Team Z doesn't make quality parts but again IMO I would stick to MM for road racing.

Plus from all of the research and time after time of years of proven MM road racing wins, innovations, etc plus their customer service is incredible. There are lots of reasons why I am bias to MM. But like I said that doesn't mean Team Z doesn't make good parts or that if someone ran their parts on a road race car that it wouldn't perform well. It's a preference.

Thats great no exp with either, but your informing everyone about great quality and customer service that you have no exp with? Hmmmmmmmm gotta love it

Thats great no exp with either, but your informing everyone about great quality and customer service that you have no exp with? Hmmmmmmmm gotta love it

Not really sure why you're deciding to attack my opinion because it differs from yours. No I don't have any of their parts on my car yet but that doesn't mean I'm not able to make an informed decision or give an informed opinion.

But to each their own. I stand behind what I said and I'm sure others would say the same thing.

Gotta love people like you

Not really sure why you're deciding to attack my opinion because it differs from yours. No I don't have any of their parts on my car yet but that doesn't mean I'm not able to make an informed decision or give an informed opinion.

But to each their own. I stand behind what I said and I'm sure others would say the same thing.

Gotta love people like you

Relax Brian Im just breaking your balls. I just was interested in seeing why you were so brand loyal, thought you might have been using there stuff for a few years. The no exp with them just kinda baffled me. I personnally run both MM and Teamz stuff. I just got rid off a bunch off MM stuff and have replaced it with some of there stuff. Both companies have quality parts and great customer service.

I have PHB and adj lcas. Had any other company besides griggs that was in my budget i wouldnt think twice. I got mine out of luck or theyd been on a shelf or win's garage still. Im not brand loyal except bilstein. They just make great shocks/struts.

Sent by smoke signals

Relax Brian Im just breaking your balls. I just was interested in seeing why you were so brand loyal, thought you might have been using there stuff for a few years. The no exp with them just kinda baffled me. I personnally run both MM and Teamz stuff. I just got rid off a bunch off MM stuff and have replaced it with some of there stuff. Both companies have quality parts and great customer service.

The master at pushing buttons. Ha.

I have a friend who owns a Motorsport shop that iirc runs MM parts on his race car and most of his customers are the same. I'm planning once I get the car more prepared to hopefully see if I can go with him to get the experience.

As I said before I don't doubt Team Z's products which is why I recommended them where I did. I've just never looked into their road race parts since I knew them mainly for drag.