Tony

Who here has this?

Schiffy is right, the clock pod is just snapped down into the top of the dash, so just pop it out then disconnect the plug for the clock wiring.

Not sure how the Autometer pod installs in its place though.

I don't like that clock pod tony. I had it installed on mine for awhile. Then I went to the Florida 5.0 pod and I like it... There are lots of options out there...

Sent from my phone using tapatalk

Are you talking about this one?

http://www.florida50.com/1994-1998-gauge-holders.htm

Compared to that I'd rather have the clock pod Saleen style one originally posted.

Tony I'm on the same boat. I think I may have to switch back to the a-pillar pods when I put the nav deck in.

Sent from Space

The guys who have them on SVTP said the air blows around the gauges no problem, obviously the flow is restricted but not to the point of rendering them useless. I also wondered about the condensation issue from AC, but I haven't seen anyone say they had any problems with that yet. I considered these because I deleted the AC, so that isn't a problem at all for me lol. I ended up going with the cluster bezel pod because they didn't have these pods ready for purchase yet when I needed something for my boost and wideband gauges.

Tony, if you're not a member over on SVTP and you're interested in getting a pair of them, let me know I'll pm whoever was running the group buy and get you some info.

Tony, I have the clock pod in my car. The clock just pops out and you disconnect the connector, it's NBD really. The gauge pod has a little bracket that goes in the hole and is held on with little screws. I ended up making my own because I didn't get it. Been meaning to email autometer about it lol thanks for jogging my memory!

7339742180_9360c34a7f_b.jpg

7339742498_21ddb6b820_b.jpg

Are you talking about this one?

http://www.florida50.com/1994-1998-gauge-holders.htm

Compared to that I'd rather have the clock pod Saleen style one originally posted.

Tony I'm on the same boat. I think I may have to switch back to the a-pillar pods when I put the nav deck in.

Sent from Space

That's the piece I have, its super high quality... Some people hate it, I love it it fills up the center section quite nicely

Sent from my phone using tapatalk

Tony, if you're not a member over on SVTP and you're interested in getting a pair of them, let me know I'll pm whoever was running the group buy and get you some info.

yes dan please my man..if you dont mind i would def appreciate that.
Tony, why not just make dash vents? I'm pretty sure its fairly simply with some PVC
thought about just glassing over the vents and finding some curved rings or pvc that i could shape then mold it all in but wanted something a little less involved, lol. although that would loo pretty fn slick, lol

I don't like the autometer pod myself. Looks cheap, hard plastic and doesn't even flow with the dash properly. I mean you can see in those pics posted that gap on the left side, I mean really Autometer you can't make a curve on the bottom that makes it flush with the dash?

IMO, get the Florida piece or get one of the various pillar pods. The autometer piece that replaces the stock gauge cluster bezel is ok too, I had one of those in my 5.0 and it fit well, just no room for a mechanical oil gauge -3AN line going through there. Would not run the stock little plastic line that comes with a mechanical oil gauge...

I bought one, but never used it.. Ended up giving it away.. The fit and finish was shit.

The only one i would run is the real Saleen pod, which is covered in padded vinyl just like the dash and mounts more securely.

I don't like the autometer pod myself. Looks cheap, hard plastic and doesn't even flow with the dash properly. I mean you can see in those pics posted that gap on the left side, I mean really Autometer you can't make a curve on the bottom that makes it flush with the dash?

IMO, get the Florida piece or get one of the various pillar pods. The autometer piece that replaces the stock gauge cluster bezel is ok too, I had one of those in my 5.0 and it fit well, just no room for a mechanical oil gauge -3AN line going through there. Would not run the stock little plastic line that comes with a mechanical oil gauge...

mine doesn't sit like that. only have this pic of it at the moment though.

5134720031_large.jpg

I should mention that mind sits like that because I dont have the right mounting hardware. That being said autometer is awesome and sending me the brackets for free. Besides that, I think i'm gonna try n find some simulation vinyl to have it match the dash a little better