SVTurbo 98

Getting retuned tomorrow wish me luck!

I've never not had some sort of issue on the dyno so hopefully things will go well. I'm going to XXX Motorsports in Pensacola first thing in the morning. My last tune was fine until my injectors started acting finicky so I'm replacing them with bosch hi impedance 1600cc injectors from FIC. I'm also going from the sullivan upper/stock tb to a hpp upper/sbtb. I upgraded my entire cooling system and rerouted a few things so I could fit a bigger air filter on the turbo. I doubt I will make any more power because I'm probably close to maxing out the hellion kit and I'm using a midframe turbonetics 78mm turbo with a tiny .81 a/r.

For reference, my last tune made 806/730 on 24ish psi with e70 and 19* of timing. The 160lb injectors that MPH sold me were only 95lb injectors so they were around 90% duty cycle on e70 :shocked:.

This time I have e85 and plenty of injector so I'm hoping I don't have any issues and we can add some more timing considering it picked up 70 hp going from 18* to 19* (same boost) last time.

Anyways I'm going to try to get a vid or something I can share with you guys.

This is a picture of how the engine currently looks:

_DSC0007.jpg

I'll let you all know how it goes...

how did it go?

Well I made it about a 4 blocks from my house and lost fuel pressure. I could hear the pumps kicking on but nothing at the regulator so I had to have the car towed back to my house. I dropped the fuel tank and found a hole in the fuel line inside the tank. I then had a hard time tracking down submersible fuel line but luckily was able to get some (effin $30 a foot) but it wasn't until later today. I just buttoned everything up a little while ago and it has good fuel pressure now so I'm going to try it again tomorrow. Needless to say it's been a long day but hoping for better luck tomorrow...

Well I made it about a 4 blocks from my house and lost fuel pressure. I could hear the pumps kicking on but nothing at the regulator so I had to have the car towed back to my house. I dropped the fuel tank and found a hole in the fuel line inside the tank. I then had a hard time tracking down submersible fuel line but luckily was able to get some (effin $30 a foot) but it wasn't until later today. I just buttoned everything up a little while ago and it has good fuel pressure now so I'm going to try it again tomorrow. Needless to say it's been a long day but hoping for better luck tomorrow...

I just had dejavu from the same problem I dealt with on my setup. blew my line just like you did and you're damn right that fuel line ain't cheap!

6d10540e.jpg

Well I didn't have any luck today either. I'm having issues with BS3 and the 4v cams sensor not working together. It will run great for a while then all the sudden it will not fire two of the cylinders. My tuner is telling me it's a well known problem with BS3 but I'm going to research it a little more.

I have a few options at this point and it's either get ahold of the people at Big Stuff and figure out a crank trigger setup OR get a different stand alone with a crank trigger OR sell/part the car out. I'm kind of leaning towards the 3rd option as I'm not getting enough of a reward for all the time and work I have in the car. It just seems like I can't get the car where I want no matter what I do. I'm going to think about it some more and give the people at BS3 a call but at this point I'm not interested in throwing more money at the car.

Well I didn't have any luck today either. I'm having issues with BS3 and the 4v cams sensor not working together. It will run great for a while then all the sudden it will not fire two of the cylinders. My tuner is telling me it's a well known problem with BS3 but I'm going to research it a little more.

I have a few options at this point and it's either get ahold of the people at Big Stuff and figure out a crank trigger setup OR get a different stand alone with a crank trigger OR sell/part the car out. I'm kind of leaning towards the 3rd option as I'm not getting enough of a reward for all the time and work I have in the car. It just seems like I can't get the car where I want no matter what I do. I'm going to think about it some more and give the people at BS3 a call but at this point I'm not interested in throwing more money at the car.

Thats rough man :/ sorry to hear it. Maybe see what big stuff has to say and just take a little bit away from your car for a short while. As much as it may be killing you now, Ive got a feeling you'd be kicking yourself for not getting it right and just giving up on it. I know i would!

Thats rough man :/ sorry to hear it. Maybe see what big stuff has to say and just take a little bit away from your car for a short while. As much as it may be killing you now, Ive got a feeling you'd be kicking yourself for not getting it right and just giving up on it. I know i would!

I'm going to call them and see what they say but I don't know if they will say what I want to hear. To me, it's way too nice of a car to part out and I would get raped if I tried to sell it but I'm just kind of at that point where I just know what I want to do. The more it sits and I can't drive it, the less interested I get with it and the easier it is to sell...

I'm going to call them and see what they say but I don't know if they will say what I want to hear. To me, it's way too nice of a car to part out and I would get raped if I tried to sell it but I'm just kind of at that point where I just know what I want to do. The more it sits and I can't drive it, the less interested I get with it and the easier it is to sell...

I'll come take it off your hands for you :) but really man id give it a little while beffore you hit it hard in the car again if BS isnt helping

The actual problem I've having is the UEGOR reads 27 when it is supposed to be 28. When it's reading 27 it will only fire 6 cylinders both coil and injector. When it reads 28, it runs great but it won't stay that way. Just doing a quick search online, it seems my tuner was right about this being somewhat of a common BS3 issue. Hopefully there is an easy fix because god damnit I want to drive the car and not have to worry about if something is going to function like it was designed to do. I'll let you guys know what they say when I get some info... On a positive note, at least the old injectors I thought were wasted are still good lol

I just talked to them and they told me to pull out the cam sensor, remove the oring and file down the material surrounding the sensor that way it is a loose fit and I can move it to the left or right. He said moving it to the left or right will get me to 28 like I need. But by removing the oring and filing down the sensor I'll create an oil leak so I'll have to figure out a way to seal it up.

I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens

I can't believe it but it worked. I removed the oring and sanded it down just enough to get a little wiggle room left and right and it fired right up with UEGOR reading 28 now and its firing all cylinders. I'm going to have to pull it out and seal it somehow and double check that it's in the correct position but that won't be difficult. Now I just need to figure out when I can make it back to Pcola to finish tuning....

Wow! Nuts that it changes ir enough to make it register right. What are you using to seal? Rtv that remains rubbery?

I played with it a little and with the sensor all the way to the left, it read UEGOR 27 which pulled spark and fuel for 2 cylinders and all the way to the right the UEGOR read 28 and was good. I just used a fat bead of black rtv on the flat lip of the sensor and let it sit for a day to fully cure before I double checked the position by starting it up and reading the computer. I didn't want to screw up the seal by starting it up until it was completely dry. Luckily, my tuner was able to tune for idle and part throttle before it got out of sync so I'm able to drive it around. So my plan is to drive it around town and make sure I don't have anymore issues with it and make sure it seals up properly before I take it back. If everything is fine in the next week, I'm going to go back to finish tuning the week after next.

Sounds like a plan man! Congrats on getting it fixed, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for yah! I'm sure if it drives fine it's gonna be killing you inside to wanna gt on it and put the loud pedal down ha

Thanks man. It is somewhat tempting but I've learned to control myself because it isn't worth the risk. A lot of hard work and money can disappear quickly so it's best to be smart about it and play later when it's ready. I can still hear the turbo and bov driving around so that'll have to keep me happy for at least a week or so.

Thanks man. It is somewhat tempting but I've learned to control myself because it isn't worth the risk. A lot of hard work and money can disappear quickly so it's best to be smart about it and play later when it's ready. I can still hear the turbo and bov driving around so that'll have to keep me happy for at least a week or so.

Good job playing it smart! Its not worth the risk. Man I wish I had a bov lol. Good luck when you get back on the dyno man.

Alright I'm going to try it again tomorrow afternoon. It seems to be running good so I'm going to drive it up there in the morning. It's about a 2 hour drive so my brother in law is going to follow me in his turbo 93 cobra as backup. It will be a nice little cruise there and a lot of fun on the way back if all goes well.