F8L GT

The Dan Mod lol

winter is too long I get bored too easily. Dropping the sra and gas tank along with the fuel lines. Going to be cleaning up and painting the undercarriage of the car. Only doing the back for now. Next time the trans comes out I'll do the rest

IMG_20130221_015627_zps19d6641a.jpg

Didn't get to work on it yet this weekend. Tomorrow I will be in the garage for a few hours so I'm hoping to get the rear and tank removed. I picked up a can of gloss bright red Krylon for my suspension parts and gloss gray for the undercarriage

I did a little test piece on the side of the frame rail, the gray I got seems to be a little too light for my liking. Went on almost white. I will see how it looks after it dries but I might be going to find something darker

These pictures look all too familiar, lol. Props to you for doing it though, it's a decent amount of work even if you're not fixing rust.

If I ever drop another one of those damn tanks out of these cars again it'll be one too many, I can't fully express how much I hate dropping the tank. I've had mine out 4 times now I believe.

These pictures look all too familiar, lol. Props to you for doing it though, it's a decent amount of work even if you're not fixing rust.

If I ever drop another one of those damn tanks out of these cars again it'll be one too many, I can't fully express how much I hate dropping the tank. I've had mine out 4 times now I believe.

The tank almost made me want to toss in the towel, then I saw the ripped gasket

no pics tonight. Mainly just scrubbed scrubbed and scrubbed some more between the frame rails. need to drill out the rivets for the brake and fuel line brackets, then I can drop those and scuff everything down

• Moderators

Pretty sure that when I get to my new house in September-ish that I will be at least taking everything from the transmission back out of the car to clean up and paint the underside of my car. I was thinking of going with satin black on my Rio Red. That way the silver control arms, yellow/light blue shocks, dark blue springs, red brakes all show up haha. It's going to be a kaleidiscope.

F8L, I need your cell number, I got in a bind with my Coilovers today and the first thing that came to mind was, DAMN I wish I knew how to get in touch with F8L! Haha, luckily det and MK2 came to my rescue with some advice.

Yesterday I got the tank cover painted, and everything from the body seem by the upper torque boxes back painted. That's about as far as I'm going to go until I have to drop the Trans again. Got my axle brace off and ready to be media blasted along with the lca's

I took the rear upper control arms apart and put a fresh coat of paint on the rear also. I ordered a set of drilled and slotted rotors for the front but dummy me clicked the wrong thing and got rears so instead of exchanging them, I'll just get fronts and have new brakes all around. Only bad part is the money for the front brakes I was going to by a wearable HD camera kind of like a go pro but cheaper