95riosnake

Nissan Hardbody + LS1 + White Wall Drag Radials + Air Ride = Unique

So this may not be for everyone, but eh...to each his own. I ran across this on Canibeat (have I mentioned I have quite an eclectic taste in custom cars? lol) I dig this thing a lot, everything is done to a high standard of fabrication and fit/finish. Even if it's not your style, you have to appreciate the quality of work on this thing. I LOVE the headers, they're so ridiculous in the best of ways. It blends the mini truck world with the old school hot rod world and that's a good mix IMO.

I think all the details are what impresses me most (besides the flawless paint & body work)... like the smooth frame, the perfectly sculpted bed, fully-finished cutouts for the headers and filter, and check out that carbon fiber shroud dressing up the top of the pumpkin! :welcoming: Oddly enough, I even like the Root Beer Brown color... I'm starting to like odd colors like this more and more.

Basic rundown:

86.5 Nissan Hardbody (the owner originally paid $250 for it)

Cammed LS1

Narrowed Dana 40 w/ Auburn LSD & 3.08 gears

One-off custom frame with all brake, fuel, and air lines ran inside the frame rails

Custom-built front control arms and custom 3 link rear suspension, obviously air ride all around

15x10 rear Wheel Vintiques babymoons

Nissan Pathfinder front clip

1954 Pontiac Chieftain dashboard

Hand-made stainless steering wheel which started its life as a bar stool at McDonald’s (love this part lol)

Without further ado, pics:

pat3573cover1110x738.jpg

pat11110x738.jpg

pat21110x738.jpg

pat31110x738.jpg

pat41110x738.jpg

pat5738x1110.jpg

pat61110x738.jpg

pat71110x738.jpg

pat81110x738e.jpg

pat111110x738.jpg

pat101110x738.jpg

pat91110x738.jpg

pat121110x738.jpg

pat14738x1110.jpg

pat131110x738.jpg

Like I said, I'm not expecting everyone to like it... but I'm sure some of you will!

The part I like the least is the fact that it's a Nissan Hardbody. They just look so nerdy/dorky in the worst way possible, basically the opposite of bad ass... IMO of course. Craftsmanship is excellent, just doesn't look right to me.

I like it all except that stupid ass shifter handle
aw i love those shifters, lolol. guess you user's pushrod and not hot rod though.

the handles are cool to me...kinda like ape hangers on choppers...very cool, lol! nice to see brown's makin a comeback! who woulda thought brown paint with deep red interior/wheels would look so good together? when i ee dan post something about trucks...i know i'm gonna dig it, lol!! he's a closet minitrucker man. :glee:

when i ee dan post something about trucks...i know i'm gonna dig it, lol!! he's a closet minitrucker man. :glee:

Haha, I have always loved mini trucks. I grew up on Truckin' and Minitruckin magazines. I was a truck guy before I got into mustangs. I remember dreaming about tweed interiors and House of Kolor as a kid, lol.

I'm still trying to find video of this truck, I am interested to hear how those zoomies sound. My guess is they are deafening, unless they aren't open headers like they appear to be.

I'm still trying to find video of this truck, I am interested to hear how those zoomies sound. My guess is they are deafening, unless they aren't open headers like they appear to be.

Well, they could be relatively quiet. My father's '39 International ratrod has zoomies on it, but we filled half the length of them with pre-made baffles. This guy's zoomies are a lot larger than my father's too, so they could be normal volume. I'd hate my life if I had open zoomies towards me..

i have a minitruckin issue with it on the cover, lol. i'll dig it up and see wassup with the headers and exhaust! cant imagine its just open headers all the time like that...good lord! never know though

Anybody know where that truck is from? All the pictures look like downtown KC(where I usually take pictures)

Badass truck, I don't like the air intake or the manifold, airplane wing looking things. All else is great, I love the color