iRoush

How To: iRoush's Guide to putting your SN95 on a diet

Man that's really cool, not many people out there these days willing to give something away without asking for your first born...

Now you should have some solid numbers to provide.... Gotta save weight with those heavy gas caps... ;)

Jeremy

ironically im not even the most excited about the weight savings. I'm just thanking jesus i got rid of my a-pillar gauges. you never realize how much of a pain in the ass it is to have gauges there until you autocross and can't see a cone because it's blocking your view -_____-

Now those numbers make much more sense lol. Like I said I wasn't just busting your balls, 2.5lbs just seemed crazy heavy for a little plastic trim piece. Good to see you got a proper scale and props to you for putting the time into re-weighing and documenting everything. I know that kind of stuff can get really time consuming, but it's a great resource when/if someone is trying to lighten their car up, they can see where the big savings and little savings are and decide what's best for their needs. :bananen_smilies046:

Now those numbers make much more sense lol. Like I said I wasn't just busting your balls, 2.5lbs just seemed crazy heavy for a little plastic trim piece. Good to see you got a proper scale and props to you for putting the time into re-weighing and documenting everything. I know that kind of stuff can get really time consuming, but it's a great resource when/if someone is trying to lighten their car up, they can see where the big savings and little savings are and decide what's best for their needs. :bananen_smilies046:

No problem man, again i'd rather be called out on being wrong then having incorrect information. Only thing that bums me out now is that I couldn't weigh the sound deadening I removed from the car today nor could I fully weigh the firewall blanket that I removed. the sound deadening crumbled when i got it out and I cut out the parts of the firewall blanket that I could reach, +/- 9lbs for the firewall blanket on what I cut out. that thing is heavy and will definitely be a nice weight drop when i pull the dash.

You might have been able to weigh a 5 gallon bucket on the scale and write down the weight of it, then dump all that shit in the bucket and weigh it, then subtract the weight of the bucket. I'm sure it's all probably in the trash now so hindsight is 20/20 I suppose, lol. Safe to say it all weighed quite a few pounds.

You might have been able to weigh a 5 gallon bucket on the scale and write down the weight of it, then dump all that shit in the bucket and weigh it, then subtract the weight of the bucket. I'm sure it's all probably in the trash now so hindsight is 20/20 I suppose, lol. Safe to say it all weighed quite a few pounds.

I'll probably end up doing that with the passenger side stuff, I'll just assume it weighs about the same since it's the same just a mirrored version.

the aluminum block was put on a scale when I got it back from MMR. and the iron block was put on a scale when I got it back from you, using Dane's engine hoist. carry on sirs.

Still seems like a lot. There was only about an 80lb difference between my Teksid block and my Boss block. That's bare though. I do remember hearing the Boss blocks are a little heavier then the production iron blocks. But I never bothered to weigh the Cobra block I have in the garage.

QUOTE=iRoush;55829]full dress vs. full dress. the internals that I used on the teksid are the lightest available. everything adds up!

the aluminum block was put on a scale when I got it back from MMR. and the iron block was put on a scale when I got it back from you, using Dane's engine hoist. carry on sirs.

How does this count as fully dressed? Fully dressed includes all the front accessories. At least that's how it's always been for me.

Edited by 01yellercobra

Still seems like a lot. There was only about an 80lb difference between my Teksid block and my Boss block. That's bare though. I do remember hearing the Boss blocks are a little heavier then the production iron blocks. But I never bothered to weigh the Cobra block I have in the garage.

QUOTE=iRoush;55829]full dress vs. full dress. the internals that I used on the teksid are the lightest available. everything adds up!

How does this count as fully dressed? Fully dressed includes all the front accessories. At least that's how it's always been for me.

this was with my unreliable weight watchers scale so there's a chance it's off, in fact a big chance. I only got the post office scale after I started tearing out the interior.

I misinterpreted what was meant by full dress. fully assembled shortblock is what I MEANT to say.

Depending on how much weight that scale can handle, I might be able to calibrate for you. Or check to make sure it's still in cal.

it's been trashed since getting the post office scale, I know those have to be accurate considering they can't undercharge people to ship boxes haha

That's the scale I was referring to. I'm sure it has a cal cycle on it. Was just throwing it out there.

next time I'm at meanies I'll bring it by if you want to take a look

You get used to the noise. I to have done a few things to remove weight.

Sound deadening, Juke carpeting, Stereo Delete, striped down trunk, ALuminum DS, Lightweight race battery, no tailpipes,

Water Resievior, rear bumper foam and bracing, RSD

AC Delete is coming soon. Did u ever weigh the condenser?

You get used to the noise. I to have done a few things to remove weight.

Sound deadening, Juke carpeting, Stereo Delete, striped down trunk, ALuminum DS, Lightweight race battery, no tailpipes,

Water Resievior, rear bumper foam and bracing, RSD

AC Delete is coming soon. Did u ever weigh the condenser?

yes i did:

A/C Condenser - 5lbs 10.2oz

I prolly would do a wattslink with a TA setup, but I got a brand new Maxi Mo PHB sitting in my closet. Wont u lose ur trunk if u install a wattslink.

not with a Fays2 setup. That's what I'm going to be investing in soon. I've got a lot of reworking to do with the suspension and exhaust on this car and that's going to be my main area of focus.

Are you just running an SRA setup currently or did u go with IRS. Im going with a more neutral setup. Gonna go back to stock V6 bar in the front,

add PHB and increase rear spring rates.

Running SRA and planning on sticking with it.

Did u remove ur crash bars. Just wanted to see what those steel bars weighed.

I haven't yet. I'm going to a set of fiberglass doors soon though. the stock doors weigh around about 80lbs each and i'll be swapping to 12lb doors..

Id recommend going with a full cage if u plan on removing the door with the beams in them.

of course. that's why I haven't sprung for the doors yet, I'm debating on buying an MM door bar or having a custom set of nascar style door bars made.