Slykin

Moog Vs. OEM. Balljoints w/ pics.

oh wow! now this may be a dumb question but why did you replace them?

The picture is pretty clear why haha. Old vs new ;)

A better question is why didn't you go to say a Steeda X2 with your suspension mods?

oh wow! now this may be a dumb question but why did you replace them?

Just because they had over 150k on them... aaaaand because they look like that. I'm doing a whole front suspension rebuild.

The picture is pretty clear why haha. Old vs new ;)

A better question is why didn't you go to say a Steeda X2 with your suspension mods?

Ehh, I've heard some iffy things about their longevity. I'm sure they'd help a bit, but I'm not going that low anyways. I know the Moogs will last forever.

Guest mustang_gtchick
Just because they had over 150k on them... aaaaand because they look like that. I'm doing a whole front suspension rebuild.

ok i just wanted to know, because you felt/heard them going out. my car has 170k and i have a feeling they need it

ok i just wanted to know, because you felt/heard them going out. my car has 170k and i have a feeling they need it

If you grab your wheel at 12 and 6 and try rocking it back and forth you shouldn't feel any play. If you do, you probably have bad ones.. I'd do them at 170k anyways, i'm sure they're pretty worn out. Another way to know is when they start squeaking like a mofo. They will squeak turning, going over bumps.. anything, and loudly. You'll know.

HAHAH yes they squeak soooo bad! thank you so much! i had a feeling that was them...

If you need any tips or whatnot just ask, I still have the other side to do and could do a write-up if people want one. This will be my fourth balljoint replacement >_>

Ehh, I've heard some iffy things about their longevity. I'm sure they'd help a bit, but I'm not going that low anyways. I know the Moogs will last forever.

Really? Any links to where I can read up? I was planning on running them although I'm not slammed. Steeda sport springs are 1.25 inch all the way around. I've just heard that they help once you start changing the geometry of the suspension etc.

if it isnt any trouble, yes please do i write up :) with lots of pictures!!! and fourth???

I'll do my best lol.. I'm not super organized :P. And yes, fourth. Did both on my last mustang, and then got this mustang and am doing both of the balljoints for it.

Really? Any links to where I can read up? I was planning on running them although I'm not slammed. Steeda sport springs are 1.25 inch all the way around. I've just heard that they help once you start changing the geometry of the suspension etc.

Sadly, not really lol. It's just one of those things that I remember reading somewhere. I'm sure they're not that bad, but I already trust Moog and my 1"ish drop shouldn't change my geometry that much. I think a bumpsteer kit will be of more help for me. If I need to change up my geometry down the road i'll go with a MM K-member and the works.

good idea, i just don't have a use for them anymore. I only went with them to lower the front of my car a little more, that was the only reason. I don't need them for that anymore ^_^

That's true. Once I upgrade to a MM K-Member things will change for sure but for now I think the Steeda x2 balljoints with MM bumpsteer will have no issues.

Just wanted to make sure there weren't any issues with the balljoint failing or something.

FYI I just installed these same ball joints and got them shipped to me from Rock Auto for about half of what American Muscle and some of the other Mustang tuner sites are asking for them.