sethg702

Whats my car worth to you guys?

Hey whats goin on guys,

Im just testing out the market on what the mustang fanatic would pay for a done up car like mine. If I had a good return I would sell it. here are the cars stats:

94 mustang gt convertible 97K original miles on the chassis 15K on rebuilt motor FEB 12

Saleen brake light bar

Clifford alarm with keyless entry

Polished Vortech supercharger system w/msd ignition system. Timing retard knob. Vortech fuel components, adjustable fuel pump

3.73 gears in rear end

Griffin radiator w/electric fan

pro gold clutch

BBK 70mm throttle body

extra capacity oil pan

world class set up in t-5 trans

great condition 5 spoke cobra chrome wheels/tires 275's on all corners

Alpine head unit, pioneer speakers, JL audo 12" sub in ported box Power acoustic amp 600 W

jba headers into magnaflow high-flow cats into 40 series flows

-New-

Motorsport Distributor

cooling system flush/service

intake pelum clean out (carbon build up)

new spark plugs

MAS sensor

Anyway, The list goes on. I have about 90% of all the reciepts with the car as well. let me know what you think guys! thanks for looking

mustang1_zps347e1c2b.jpg

mustangmotor_zps1425e361.jpg

Edited by sethg702

I personally never dyno'd it. im guessing 325-350 at the wheels? I dont see why not? Vortech states it produces 319hp and about 370lbs tourque 6-8lbs boost on a stock motor. stock the 5.0's didnt produce much..220hp or something like that.

Its worth nothing to me but the market should bring between 4500 and 6000 to the right buyer. Mods arent overwhelming especially the stock motor. Might want to consider selling off some parts separately before selling. The good thing is its the right time of year to sell a vert so thats a + in your favor.

Hmmm interesting replys. I looked at the nada value and thats at 5500. I think i would be an idiot to sell for 4-5 range. It has sub frame connectors on it to. Ive also seen supercharger kits go for 1500-2000 grand used

whats the big deal on tuning? I know its dialing it in to be perfect...but to throw it on a dyno for 500 bucks sounds like a waste when the car runs fine the way it is. the computer has a superchip attached to it. Would that change anything for the set up it has?

nada and market are two different things. our mustangs don't bring in as much as we would like them too. however, a superchip works, a dyno tune is best. Idk what you're trying to pull outta the car but you'll probably get more for selling the supercharger kit separate from your car

The problem with Mustangs is there are tons of them out there, and me personally I would rather spend more money on an un-modded car and know what was done to it, than to buy a car done up

matt

I highly agree. I went into the idea of wanting a mustang that was done so I didnt have to do it myself. So I guess I fall into a really small catagory of buyers. but hey, we all have our prefrences. I just went with the best possible option with a mustang being tricked out the way I like it. with the best stats to it. (reciepts availible, low original miles, etc) I havent even owned it long enough to throw my style in it yet. Ill tell u guys a secret, I bought this hit rod for 7...everytime i bring it to a shop to ask questions and talk about it...they tell me I got a screemin deal. maybe theyre just trying to make me feel good? :-/ haha either way im happy with it.

You paid 7 for an untuned 5.slow? Eek..

In my area, the number your asking would only be paid by some 16 year old getting his first car( provided some idiot dads doesn't know what the blower is)

You have to remember we are in a buyers market, not a sellers market. But hey, I think my mach is painted in gold too....

Im with small block, i paid 1800 for my 95 gt. Also, with regards to the tune, you may think the engine is running "fine", but it could be way off and hurting your engine and you dont know it. Tuning it will help fuel mileage, power, longevity of the motor. If i was looking at buying your car and you told me it had not been tuned, I'd instantly turn away. That motor could be a ticking time bomb.

I paid $12,800 for mine. It's definately a buyer's market. It looks very clean. If the top is in good condition I think $6K is possible. I would rather buy someone's project car in this market then an un modded Mustang. A bad tune and a blown head gasket are relatively cheap to fix. It's all the stupid little parts you have to buy like motor mounts, shifter, subframe connectors, springs that add up and make starting with a fresh car too much money.

Kurt

You cant take the NADA price for the car then add in what the price would bring for the aftermarket parts would bring if taken off and sold and tally all that together and expect to get that for a price.

My 95GT had a Novi supercharger exhaust, stock heads/cam really nice wheels and tires. Had about 10K in mods in total, paid 12K for the car. Sold it for 7K. thats how it goes.

I paid $12,800 for mine. It's definately a buyer's market. It looks very clean. If the top is in good condition I think $6K is possible. I would rather buy someone's project car in this market then an un modded Mustang. A bad tune and a blown head gasket are relatively cheap to fix. It's all the stupid little parts you have to buy like motor mounts, shifter, subframe connectors, springs that add up and make starting with a fresh car too much money.

Kurt

Exactly. I didnt want to buy a stock stang that needed work for lets say 3000 or so. A supercharger is 3 grand plus install, motor rebuild 500+, new paint (whatever that is) etc. Money is green and its gotta come from somwhere. Id rather have it come from somebody elses wallet than mine haha. Maybe I did over pay by a grand or so, but I feel like a got a great deal considering that I wanted to do exactly what this car has. My point is, is that if I bought a project car I could easily sink the total value of what Ive bought this car for. I dunno if some of you guys read my first post, but this car was the best for the buck. also remember im in nevada...prices differ where-ever your located. With all the records that came with the car, Im willing to pay a little extra. especially with a refreshed motor. Also on side note, Ive asked around on the tuning issue...Because my car is old and so is the ECU... I was told by a reputable shop in Las Vegas, that Theres not much I can do for tuning purposes. A Chip for the computer is gonna be just about it. (my car already has a superchip) The guy said I can throw it on a dyno and he basically said that after that he would be about to tell me if its running safe at WOT. this would cost me around 150/hr. with that in mind...I dont and never will track my car. For a Sunday car, I dont need to go spend 150/hr right away on a dyno. I trust the superchip that its doing what its supposed to do. Ive been around cars long enough to notice how a motor should run...ping noises and knocking are pretty distinctive. now can anybody tell me which blinker fluid I should go with? JK

If the car was clean and ran well, I would pay what you payed for it. Call me a fool, but I bet it would cost $15k to build one like it from scratch. For me it's like getting a car half off. I'm sure I've got $40k in my car, and I would be lucky to sell it for $8k. You just have to buy it with the intention of keeping it. Here in Georgia the price of a fast Mustang is artificially deflated because there are 1000 guys with mullets selling a Mustang out of their trailer home because they are short on their court ordered child support payments for the month.

Kurt

Edited by revhead347

If the car was clean and ran well, I would pay what you payed for it. Call me a fool, but I bet it would cost $15k to build one like it from scratch. For me it's like getting a car half off. I'm sure I've got $40k in my car, and I would be lucky to sell it for $8k. You just have to buy it with the intention of keeping it. Here in Georgia the price of a fast Mustang is artificially deflated because there are 1000 guys with mullets selling a Mustang out of their trailer home because they are short on their court ordered child support payments for the month.

Kurt

haha I know what you mean. Thats how I look at it to. Like I said, I did buy it to keep, just wanted to know how the demand is and so fourth. I cant wait to throw my own style into it. I bought if for 7, then did a major service under the hood. replaced plugs, distributor, new fuel filter etc. I like to "start over" when I buy something used, instantly changing all the fluids as well.