Schiffy

SLP with dumps?

So I posted up my flow master catback on CL to see if anybody was interested in trading for it. It's to quiet and dime a dozen for me. I had a guy contact me about an SLP catback that's dumped. Wondering if I should do it. I think I can buy the axle backs somewhere, or mate go to the junkyard and chop one off a wrecked car and weld it up. What are y'all's opinions? I want loud and obnoxious. Haha

Sent from my secretary!!!

borla or magnapacks is the way to go..slps are just annoying...

My only issue is its dumped. Don't feel like getting hassled to much. I want loud and obnoxious. Haha

• Moderators

Funny, I am having a similar debate. The SLPs sound great on YouTube, but I haven't heard them in person. I originally wanted MagnaPaks, but someone told me they didn't sound as good on pushrods as the modulars.

Funny, I am having a similar debate. The SLPs sound great on YouTube, but I haven't heard them in person. I originally wanted MagnaPaks, but someone told me they didn't sound as good on pushrods as the modulars.

I'm going to meet him up tonight and hear it and make my decision.

I had slp loudmouths dumped, Shorty headers, and an o/r x-pipe...ungodly loud, alot of smiles were brought to my face, make sure you point the turndowns towards the side of the car. My echoed off the road at low speeds and sounded weird.

So I met up with the guy, and they're almost brand new, he is however possibly trading them for some Borla Stingers. If the guy with the stingers doesn't want them, he is going to buy the Borla's and trade me the SLP's for the flows and I'll keep the axle back tubing. In which case I would weld the axle back up and let it roll.

which SLP mufflers are they and who the hell would trade Stingers for SLP?

Apparently the guy wanting to trade is building a race car and just wants something loud. The guy with the SLP was telling me the other guy apparently blew up the engine in his Mach 1 and is now building a straight up race car.

I have to say Keith's car with the SLP Powerflos sounds very nice, the LM1 and LM2 mufflers though, forget it unless like you said you just want to be loud and obnoxious. Then they're perfect.

I had LM1s on my fox (Both coming out the side and dumped... and coming out the back but we never finished welding everything so it leaked pretty bad....) with BBK shortys and an o/r x-pipe.

Just check out some of my videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/WildWillyWalker

you get tires that burn off red. they dont sell them anymore. some douche bought every last one and uses them for burnout competitions.

Was it BFG that had the tires with the color stripe? I remember seein them years ago, just didn't know they were around anymore.

there used to be a 96 Cobra with stock manifolds, Pypes X-pipe (believe it was with cats) and then SLP Loudmouth mufflers with custom angled turndowns. I have had the lucky experience to ride along in a few CMC and American Iron cars....and they didn't even come close the how loud this setup was....just be warned...loud loud loud...and more of a annoying sound in my favor...but play around on youtube, sure there are some vids up with combo you are looking at. like you 98 GT by the way!

there used to be a 96 Cobra with stock manifolds, Pypes X-pipe (believe it was with cats) and then SLP Loudmouth mufflers with custom angled turndowns. I have had the lucky experience to ride along in a few CMC and American Iron cars....and they didn't even come close the how loud this setup was....just be warned...loud loud loud...and more of a annoying sound in my favor...but play around on youtube, sure there are some vids up with combo you are looking at. like you 98 GT by the way!

Thanks... My sig pic sucks. Car looks like...

ty4u4yju.jpg

The dude never called me back about the SLP trade. But I've got longtubes and O/R H pipe now, so ill wait till they're installed and see how the flows sound then.

Tapatalk made me do it!

I wouldnt suggest that, thats why slp's get a bad rap, they usually sound like a dump truck or old chevy sound like crap to raspy,I run slps and I love them I get asked all the time what exaust I have and they say how good my car sounds, and then when I say i run slp mufflers They go W.T.F! they usually sound like crap or "isnt that chevy exaust? " lol they make that for fords? lol I run catted X pipe long tubes and slp lm1 mufflers and it sounds badass, my old setup sounded good as well bassani catted x pipe ford racing shorty headers and same slp lm1 mufflers, the key is cats and X pipe gives it the still loud noise, more deep tone and loud , better then the shity chevy y pipe sound or catless mid pipes or dumped, or H pipes give the Slp usually!!