CompOrangeSN95

Flogged my TrackBitch at Summit Point

I know how much you guys like pics/video so here's a video from this past week on Summit Point Circuit. After a few problems with my throttle cable I finally got some good laps in. The second day rained.... but I drove anyway. I'll post a video from that day when I get around to editing the footage. Let me know what you think.

Edited by CompOrangeSN95

• Moderators
Thanks, get out there and give it a shot man. Instructors are usually great and you'd be amazed at what you'll learn.

Got to have a functioning car first! Mine is stock as stock can be and being stored at a friend's house.

Man, I'd like to do this too. I want to put my crappy heel/toe skills to work!

I should've registered for this Saturday at Hyperfest down at Summit Point. $50 to drive your car. I don't know how much time you get though and I'm just going to try and enjoy the car show and drifting.

Thanks guys! Just got to get out there and do it. I broke my throttle cable during the first season but mananged to find a universal one at a local auto parts store and get it working for the rest of the day and the second day as well. It rained hard the second day but I drove anyway. Got some good videos from then too, couple of nice saves.

- - - Updated - - -

Do it Rio, you're not to far from Mid-ohio are you? I looked for you at Carlisle but remember that your car is under construction right now... Same with Opal, still haven't had the chance to see that car in person and the last time I saw yours you were still rocking the SRA.

How close to summit point are you Willy? Both the main Circuit and Shenandoah are awesome.

Thanks guys! Just got to get out there and do it. I broke my throttle cable during the first season but mananged to find a universal one at a local auto parts store and get it working for the rest of the day and the second day as well. It rained hard the second day but I drove anyway. Got some good videos from then too, couple of nice saves.

- - - Updated - - -

Do it Rio, you're not to far from Mid-ohio are you? I looked for you at Carlisle but remember that your car is under construction right now... Same with Opal, still haven't had the chance to see that car in person and the last time I saw yours you were still rocking the SRA.

How close to summit point are you Willy? Both the main Circuit and Shenandoah are awesome.

Looks to be about two hours so it's not really bad. The cost is the main problem. I've never really looked into it but I've always been told it's rather expensive. Plus I'm always scared I'll fly off the track or hit someone haha. I'd probably be that slow guy. Gotta get to an autocross with my car before I take on a whole road course. I was planning to autocross my car a few weeks ago but ended up taking CJ's Street Car. :D

I know what you mean Willy, I had the same fear when I started, especially since I was driving my pops GT500... Buy yourself and trackbitch like me (Total investment is under 8k).

I'll edit some more videos tonight knucklehead and post them up. My MacBook Pro is starting to bog down on me so it takes for ever to render everything... I get frustrated some times and shut it off haha. Some of the footage from the rain is fun to watch, but i only have one wiper so you have to deal with a spotty windshield.

Thats awsome man...after i get "done" with my cobra i plan to buy a high mileage cheap gt or v6 and put my old engine, trans, brakes, and rearend in it and use it just to take to the track to beat on and not care if i break something

As promised , MOAR VIDEO! This is from day 2 in the rain. I decided not to cut a majority of the laps out like I did in the last video. Racing in the rain is a blast, I've been getting much better at recovering from a slide.