oilspill

99 cobra irs opinions

So i was creeping around craigslist and found a 99 cobra irs with 373 gears and upgraded half shafts for basically pennys. I know that i want to go irs eventually (after motor, but this is cheap) do you guys think that i should look into this rearend? Or Wait for 03-04 irs? I am always sketched out by buying used parts and even more sketched out when they are cheaper than i would expect. Any questions i should ask the seller? All opinions are appreciated.

if it helps, the 99-01 IRS is always cheaper than the 03-04 because they're a little weaker and the market is smaller for them. id ask why hes getting rid of it, and what half shafts it has. although im sure he went to the SRA for the strength and dependability

I say jump on it. Even if you dont have time to install it right now, it seems like the price of IRS's are just going up right now. I could find em all day long last summer for around 6-700, now i can't find anything for less than a grand.

I want an IRS so bad that I'd even buy a 99 rear. [MENTION=172]Sleeperstang1994[/MENTION] bought Termi IRS for $375. Best deal ever. I refuse to pay over $500 now lol.

Now, to make it perform well, you'll need to drop around $1k in bushings.

What do you mean by upgraded half shafts? If you mean it's been upgraded to a 31 spline diff and 31 spline axles then jump on that thing! How cheap are we talking? IMO you should do the FTBR bushing kit before it goes into the car anyway, so if you get the IRS cheap enough, you could upgrade the diff and axles while it's apart if its still 28 spline. Also you will need to add an 03-04 front diff torque brace. The 99/01's don't have this brace but it's very important to have on there to keep the diff securely planted in the cradle.

I want an IRS so bad that I'd even buy a 99 rear. [MENTION=172]Sleeperstang1994[/MENTION] bought Termi IRS for $375. Best deal ever. I refuse to pay over $500 now lol.

Holy shit that's a steal! I paid $400 PLUS traded my mildly built 8.8, eibach sway bar, Tokico D spec shocks, Steeda UCA's and UPR LCA's for my 03 IRS. Granted it was mint as could be with only 10k miles but still...

I fully plan to do the ftbr bushing upgrade before it would go in. That seems to be a no brainer. And i am not sure what he means by "upgraded halfshafts", thats what the ad said. I have contacted him and hope to hear back soon. Price is $350. So if it has 31 spline half shafts i can do the ftbr bushings and a diff cover for the price i would pay for a stock 03-04. If it is 28 spline anybody know the cost associated with upgrading to 31 spline and is it really needed on a street car?

I fully plan to do the ftbr bushing upgrade before it would go in. That seems to be a no brainer. And i am not sure what he means by "upgraded halfshafts", thats what the ad said. I have contacted him and hope to hear back soon. Price is $350. So if it has 31 spline half shafts i can do the ftbr bushings and a diff cover for the price i would pay for a stock 03-04. If it is 28 spline anybody know the cost associated with upgrading to 31 spline and is it really needed on a street car?

No more questions. BUY IT!!!! Holy crap that is a STEAL!

:jaw:

• Moderators
No more questions. BUY IT!!!! Holy crap that is a STEAL!

:jaw:

This right here. If I could find that deal, it wouldn't even bother me that I bought springs, shocks, control arms, etc. for my SRA.

Tonto... jump on it. :)

I want an IRS so bad that I'd even buy a 99 rear. @Sleeperstang1994 bought Termi IRS for $375. Best deal ever. I refuse to pay over $500 now lol.

one of the deals that i have been most happy with. Full Tilt Boogie. best customer service i have ever received from a company. they made me custom bushings for my subrame cause i cant read instructions...

For that price I'd buy it anyway.

one of the deals that i have been most happy with. Full Tilt Boogie. best customer service i have ever received from a company. they made me custom bushings for my subrame cause i cant read instructions...

FTBR is a first class operation. Excellent parts and top notch customer service.