ttocs

anyone have pics of scottrod engine panels that kept access to the fusebox?

If it works the way I am hoping(fingers crossed) I got some thick rubber campertop sealing strip that I will put on the flange to help waterproof it as well as to push the plexi up and in place. I made the flange so that the top/bottom of it is about an 1/8" longer then the hole I cut through the new fender apron. I also used my router to make a small edge on the top/bottom of the plexi. I am hoping I can just insert the bottom first then gently slide the plexi up so that the top/bottom will be held behind the hole in the apron.

If that doesn't work I am going to try magets....

Will it open and close to access the fuse box or will you have to take the whole thing apart to access it?

absolutely that was the idea behind this all, hard to describe. To take it out all I should have too do is push the plexi in(towards the fuse boxes), and then slide it down 1/16" and the top should slide out from under the lip on the new apron hole and be able to take the release the top. Once that is out hopefully I can just pull it out a little and the slide it up/free from it all.

If it works I will take a video too show it. Hopefully the plexi wll be flush with apron and still easy too take out.

The blue area in the pics above is the tape on the plexi to potect it. That pexi will be the cover

Edited by ttocs

Strangest thing happened this morning. I Woke up and didn't feel like crap and need to run to the bathroom first thing. This happens maybe once a month. So rarely that I didn't even really realize I was awake I think till about 30 mins after getting out of bed.... Couldn't have happened on a better day. Still cold as hell out but I was determined too install the flange and see if this whole idea would work. Good news, IT WORKED!

Here I lined them up and burned them together

I will probably recut the plexi to be sure is perfectly perfect but it is held in place the way I hoped. I will make a vid to show how it works tomorrow. Need too figure out what is next on this project now. Been working too this point for so long that I have not planned anything after it....

post-61-13881839906416_thumb.jpg

post-61-13881839907429_thumb.jpg

Thanks fellas I am really happy with it so far as well. Today I started to drill the holes for the wires to go in/out and figure out how to mount the 2nd fusebox. It isn't nearly as deep as the stock one so I am going to try and give it a floating look.

My wallet took a hit today though as I decided to upgrade my safety gear. When I went too get the material/metal to make the flange out of all ace had was galvanized. I didn't know it was bad too weld but thankfully looked it up prior too burning it and had a resperator to wear. It didn't allow my helmet to go down though and left me in some awkward positions too see out while breathing. I had also suspected that the crappy fall my health has had might have been from welding fumes. Hell incense is almost chemical warfare too me so who knows what all the fumes are doing. I wanted something that was comfortable to wear and super solid safety wise so was happy too find this on ebay tonight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301037907449?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

A lot more the I wanted too pay but I have learned not to cheap out on safety gear... This should last long enough that I forget the price,I hope...

so like I said after some though I started off by raising up a piece of plexi about 1/2"-3/4" with some aluminum spacers/risers I had from a previous project. I also used my route too make the circle in the top that goes down a little more then 1/16"

The circle in the top was so I could flushmount/inlay a 70mm color led halo ring

With the 2nd fuse box on top it covers up the risers and the light to give the floating look. The lights shine down but I will probably put a piece of chrome reflective vinyl on the bottom to keep the light so that it will shine up through the 1/16" edge of the plexi that shows around the block as well as its edges.

post-61-13881839913455_thumb.jpg

post-61-1388183991631_thumb.jpg

finished the floating plexi mount and made a video too show it in action. I still need too paint the inside black and then put the matching carbon fiber pattern that is under the fusebox, on top of the plexi if you look close. I also need to drill a hole in the middle of the plexi to allow the halo's wires too go through and it will also allow a small amount of light through to help the floating look.

http://s260.photobucket.com/user/ttocsinin/media/discoball.mp4.html

also drilled the holes for the blue leds that will shine through to the bottom of the plexi cover. I am just going too put a simple boarder on it that should light up nicely with the leds focused on them These will be on top so the lights will not be seen themself, just the light they emit.

post-61-13881839917724_thumb.jpg

used a warm weekend to help some filler/bondo cure to smooth it all out. Drivers side is a little further then the passenger side because I decided to cut out the hole for the intake and make it a tighter fit. Still have a lot of little areas here/there to clean up but its coming along. I also recut the plexi.

post-61-13881839949239_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the kind words as always fella's. The warm streak snapped and its back down to 19 degrees. Now I know that the Canadians would be out there working on their car and if the sun was out they would have tank tops but unfortunately my digestive issues do not give me ANY insulation for cold weather anymore.... It is supposed to warm up a bit this weekend and hopefully for long enough to finish this side and possibly even light it up a little as well as finish the passenger side. That side looks a lot cleaner now too with the intake hole not being so jacked. I figured my chances of hitting it perfectly the first time were slim/none and I would need too do it this way.

Oh and merry Christmas too everyone.