1bad9d5

FR500s or XXR521s?

just like the the title says... I currently have chrome 17" 99-01 cobra wheels... looking to get rid of them for 18s but am stuck between the best option of a blacked out rim. these 2 are my favorites out there but any opinions on to help me sway towards one? cause im stuck...

cause is not my DD so I plan on getting Nittos with it, if I get the FR500s ill just take the tires they come with in the package deal on somewhere like AM otherwise im looking into Nitto Invos for the XXRs ...

any info/help is much appreciated thanks guys

Ones not a normal cookie cutter wheel and well the XXR just look killer.

lol true the XXR is different, I mean I never ever see them on stangs ever... and I don't hit pot holes on the daily so im sure itll hold up... they make em 18x10 or 18x10.5? trying to put a nice 295/35 on there

• Supporting Member

hahaha oh yea? Demand huh.... because its not as common as the FRs? or how come

I always hate getting in these conversations but bottom line I have a strong distaste for certain wheels and FR500's are one of them. I think the XXR's be sexy. 

I always hate getting in these conversations but bottom line I have a strong distaste for certain wheels and FR500's are one of them. I think the XXR's be sexy. 

LOL its a good topic man lol.. but yea I love FRs but idk how I feel about half the world having them lol

• Supporting Member

LOL its a good topic man lol.. but yea I love FRs but idk how I feel about half the world having them lol

Really I take a different stance on this too. If you want to be different sell your mustang and grab an imported European car you've never seen. If it looks good, it looks good and idgaf if every neighbor of mine has it. Bottom line buy what you like BUT if you are literally split down the middle I can see it being something that tips the ballast.

I still hate fr's :D

Really I take a different stance on this too. If you want to be different sell your mustang and grab an imported European car you've never seen. If it looks good, it looks good and idgaf if every neighbor of mine has it. Bottom line buy what you like BUT if you are literally split down the middle I can see it being something that tips the ballast.

I still hate fr's :D

lmao believe me FRs were gonna go on my car without question for a long a$$ time until I heard somebody mention XXRs and I saw the 521s and I was just like .. F***! im stuck... see where im from in NY its rare to a 94-98 and its even more rare to see a clean one.. so where I live.. my mustang is different... ill be happy with either but I wanna see if anybody can help so I don't be like dam what if I had the other 1s ya know?

• Supporting Member

lmao believe me FRs were gonna go on my car without question for a long a$$ time until I heard somebody mention XXRs and I saw the 521s and I was just like .. F***! im stuck... see where im from in NY its rare to a 94-98 and its even more rare to see a clean one.. so where I live.. my mustang is different... ill be happy with either but I wanna see if anybody can help so I don't be like dam what if I had the other 1s ya know?

I understand. Being different is important to you but within a reasonable budget. Given those parameters and your selected wheels the xxr's win hands down.

I understand. Being different is important to you but within a reasonable budget. Given those parameters and your selected wheels the xxr's win hands down.

appreciate the opinion man, now just gotta get the money to buy 4 wheels and than 4 tires separately haha

i like xxw wheels. just not this style. looks too fwd or something idk. now the xxr 526 or the 531 step lip in a deep dish kills the fr500 imo.

what do you mean by looks to fwd? just curious and besides the 535, are there any out there that 1 could purchase with just 5 bolts? intead of like 10 all the way around and than I only use the 5 I need? 1 downside I hate about the XXRs I see and im not really a fan of the 526, I feel like the spokes are too far apart in a sense,, but the 531 is a nice 1 as well

what do you mean by looks to fwd? just curious and besides the 535, are there any out there that 1 could purchase with just 5 bolts? intead of like 10 all the way around and than I only use the 5 I need? 1 downside I hate about the XXRs I see and im not really a fan of the 526, I feel like the spokes are too far apart in a sense,, but the 531 is a nice 1 as well

the wheel on the mustang posted ^^ looks too busy with the short mesh style spokes...idk, gives it a fwd look rather then a long spoke with a deep dish. but yea you can get xxr wheels in a single bolt pattern.

xxr 526 

526SL5H18105202.jpg

the wheel on the mustang posted ^^ looks too busy with the short mesh style spokes...idk, gives it a fwd look rather then a long spoke with a deep dish. but yea you can get xxr wheels in a single bolt pattern.

xxr 526 

526SL5H18105202.jpg

yea I guess we have 2 different opinions with that... I prefer it that way over very little amount of spokes spread far from each other, like I love the BBS wheels that were so popular

and if I can find 521s with just a 5 spoke I may just fall in love

I'd take the 521's over the FR500's all day. I got tired of FR's a long time ago.

I would suggest the 526, 530 or 531 ( < sick looking wheels!) personally, but the 521's are nice too.

looks like im going XXRs lol... know any website that sells them a package with tires?

Oh shit going for some flush fitment I see :) me likey . I'm so ruined that I can't do the wheels I want right now due to motor complications .... Which means by the time I save enough loot for my wheels I won't get them till end of summer lol

Oh shit going for some flush fitment I see :) me likey . I'm so ruined that I can't do the wheels I want right now due to motor complications .... Which means by the time I save enough loot for my wheels I won't get them till end of summer lol

Better to get them at the end of summer than have sick wheels on a car that can't move! All in due time man, it'll happen eventually.

Better to get them at the end of summer than have sick wheels on a car that can't move! All in due time man, it'll happen eventually.

My thoughts exactly , I've gotta set of 99/01 Svt cobras I can put on for doing wreckless stuff on the street for now