GearGambler

Lets talk battery chargers

I have a battery tender junior at home (actually more than one) and they work great to keep / maintain a battery.  Occasionally I will need to charge a battery, or attempt to jump something.  I've seen some chargers that have the 50/10/2 and are automatic (link below to one with great reviews on amazon).  I figured I would throw this out there to the masses.  What do you have?  What's recommended?  Post up!  

this is the one I have.  Ive jumped everything from cars to boats to renewing life to iron pots and pans with it.  Paid i think $180 for it about 5 years ago ?  Thing is a beast.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Battery-Charger-40-2-60-200-Amp-12-Volt-Manual-Wheel/_/R-NBC851250_0006389653

• Moderators

I've got one from Sam's that works great, but I really need a tender since neither of my cars runs and one of the batteries is an Optima.

I got this one from wallmart 3 yrs ago.  It has starting capacity as well as an AGM setting for the batteries I use.  Been meaning to pick up a battery tender, well two actually but then again the AGM batteries are not as much of a concern for deep cycling.  I have two kinetik batteries, an big 1800 for the stereo/air ride and a smaller 800 for starting.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Schumacher-Electric-100-Amp-6V-12V-Battery-Charger/25955535

for those that need a tender.  Amazon has the battery tender junior at a pretty decent price.  If you have prime, even better.  

I have a craftsman 50/10/2 that I have used for years.  It is OK, just wanted to get some feedback.  My dad wanted something and my thoughts always follow "here, take mine and I'll upgrade" :)  

keep the suggestions coming!