the5.ohh

95 5.0 MAC Longtubes, P/S 02 SENSOR LOCATION

Okay so I gotta replace my 02's since they're shot. Drivers side is in plain view at the bottom of the drivers side longtube collector. Passenger side is no where to be seen? I looked every where and cannot for the life of me find it, I looked upstream, down, from the drivers side looking to the inside of the passenger LT, not a damn thing. The fawk?

This may be a stupid question but when you're looking for them is the car up in the air, or are you just looking for them from inside the engine bay and from the sides looking underneath? 

with my Mac LTs both O2s go in on the same side of the header at the collector, so one will be on the inside of the header and one will be towards the frame side.  it's kinda weird but that's how they did it.

From the floor I tried looking. It was raining so I can't put it up on ramps until the rain stops. That would explain why I can't see the other one.. Last question. Are they called downstream or upstream? I went to pep boys and auto zone, both asked that. I said I'm not sure, just 2 single O2 sensors is all thats there.

with my Mac LTs both O2s go in on the same side of the header at the collector, so one will be on the inside of the header and one will be towards the frame side.  it's kinda weird but that's how they did it.

That makes sense why I can't see the P/S one.

This may be a stupid question but when you're looking for them is the car up in the air, or are you just looking for them from inside the engine bay and from the sides looking underneath? 

Not a stupid question at all. Yeah I was laying on the floor trying to look up lol.

the 2 sensors closest to the engine are your Upstream O2 sensors.      The 2 sensors AFTER your cats (if theyre there) are your downstreams O2 sensors.  If i recall, they should be the same sensor

the 2 sensors closest to the engine are your Upstream O2 sensors.      The 2 sensors AFTER your cats (if theyre there) are your downstreams O2 sensors.  If i recall, they should be the same sensor

Ahh.. Well no cats here. I do have the O2 extensions on with the normal sensors. So idk if that affects whether they're up or down.

Ahh.. Well no cats here. I do have the O2 extensions on with the normal sensors. So idk if that affects whether they're up or down.

Nope that will not affect if its up or down.   The upstream O2 sensors are the ones that actually help to control the air/fuel ratio in the motor. So those ones will almost ALWAYS need to be connected and operational for your car to run efficiently. The closer the upstream O2 sensor is to the exhaust port, basically the better.    The downstream O2 sensors tell the ecu if the cats are working or not, those you can cut off if you wanted to and the only result will be a check engine light.  

Not a stupid question at all. Yeah I was laying on the floor trying to look up lol.

Basically what I was getting at was you probably were just unable to see the other one... which has been resolved now lol. 

5.0s only have two O2 sensors.

95' Mustang only has upstream sensors.  For BBK headers you buy O2 sensors for a 92' Ford Explorer V6 (3.0 or 4.0 are the same) and they come with the right pigtail length so you don't have to buy extenders or lengthen them.  Not sure with the Mac headers, but that's a good place to start.

Kurt