the5.ohh

J&M Street Rear LCA's Install Tips?

I got a set of J&M Street Rear LCA's for my birthday like 4 months back. I just finally got new bolts for them today.. I've got the install open in my tabs on my browser from AM. But I want to hear real people's tips and feedback on the install. I have like 6 jackstands, so I can get the full car front and rear on those. I have a floorjack, socket sets, liquid wrench, and dremel if needed to cut the stock 19 year old bolts off. Whats the best way to go about installing them? Is it basically get the car on jackstands, take the rear wheels off, unbolt the stock control arm, let it swing down.. Install new bushing and sleeves into new control arm, bolt one end in, slide it up and let the spring sit on the perch, than bolt the rest up? Probably be doing this alone unfortunately.

Definitely bigger pry bar the better. Jack up car as high as possible letting the rear axle droop. Loosen the bolts on the LCAs and out the jack under the control, jack it up some and get the axle side bolt out first, let it drop down, pull the spring out (should be loose) and then take the other bolt off. Reinstall opposite of removal. Then move to the other side.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

It isn't terrible honestly. But another set of hands definitely helps re-aligning the axle

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yeah I'd imagine it would help. I tried getting my bro to help me, and he's like nah fuck you. LOL nice.

Doesn't seem too bad.. But doing it alone is gonna be a bitch

I did mine last spring by myself and it was super simple. Leverage is your friend! Also if you can get your hands on something like the pin below to help "persuade" those bastard bolts out. Also make sure to spray lots of lube to help out.

13884948103_9fbf434ea2_b.jpg

I did mine last spring by myself and it was super simple. Leverage is your friend! Also if you can get your hands on something like the pin below to help "persuade" those bastard bolts out. Also make sure to spray lots of lube to help out.

13884948103_9fbf434ea2_b.jpg

Sounds better. LOL. I might have something like that spike thingy you used. Could use an awl and hammer. All I gots is Liquid Wrench lol