Forcefedhatch

Made it to the track.. finally!!

Suck street tires, and first time running I about 7 years.. but good fun. . And pretty comparable to my competition. . All in all.. I'm happy with it today.. next is new converter, Anderson n-41 cam, port the heads and intakes, slicks, and a tune..hoping for consistent mid 12's for a descent lil weekend bracket racing car

1999 5.0 swapped mustang vs. 01 cobra: http://youtu.be/-eGscVbKzTs

Might not be impressive to some but I definitely think it's something to be proud of. I'd share videos of my own if I had any, I don't care if I make a 16-second pass lol. Seriously though, congrats on putting in the work and finally being able to take it down the drag strip.

Gt40p, comp dual springs, explorer intake, auto trans,3.73 gear, full exhaust

I'm looking Into the n-41 cam,3000-3200 stall from edge racing, cutting .020" off the heads, full port and polish on them and the intakes, maybe step up to 4.10 or 4.30's, and some slicks..I'd like to hit 12's NA.. and car def. On a diet lol

Gt40p, comp dual springs, explorer intake, auto trans,3.73 gear, full exhaust

I'm looking Into the n-41 cam,3000-3200 stall from edge racing, cutting .020" off the heads, full port and polish on them and the intakes, maybe step up to 4.10 or 4.30's, and some slicks..I'd like to hit 12's NA.. and car def. On a diet lol

there is no great advantage to be found from porting and polishing the gt40P heads. They still wont flow great. You can do ALOT with them, its just not usually worth doing alot TO them.

figure out how much all the machine work will cost  BEFORE doing it. I had a set og GT40's rebuilt. It was a valve job, install new guide liners, and install springs. along with a deck, pressure check and cleaning.

cost me $700... Even after I told the machine shop to stay under $500.

You could buy some good used TFS 170 heads for about $1000... so why waste the money on the P heads?