RassCar

Brighter than factory lightbulbs?

I want to get some brighter than factory headlight bulbs without switching to LEDs/HIDs but I don't know much about light bulbs. Currently my top two options are Silvania Silverstar Ultra and Silvania SIlverstar zXe. Anyone have some opinions on the matter? Other lightbulbs you'd recommend?

I want to get some brighter than factory headlight bulbs without switching to LEDs/HIDs but I don't know much about light bulbs. Currently my top two options are Silvania Silverstar Ultra and Silvania SIlverstar zXe. Anyone have some opinions on the matter? Other lightbulbs you'd recommend?

I feel like you're options are rather limited if you want to stick with standard halogens.  I would probably go "Ultra" as per their website it's the brightest halogen they make.

idk much about bulbs myself. never really got into lighting much but i plan on getting smoked headlights and have been looking at these. not sure if good bulbs or not though lol. seem to be bright.

http://www.yatesperformance.com/lg6710.html/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping&utm_content=LG6710&gclid=Cj0KEQiA-aujBRDqj772vpGfgooBEiQAzWAZUvcWMuN0TKjXQMrk4So-27eQVEL5AxaaXjsNZ2g_-zcaAvsS8P8HAQ

@ im seriously debating going back to regular halogens myself because the HID's dont give me high beams, which sucks by me.  Remember too, the brighter bulb you go, the shorter it's lifespan will be in regards to the halogens.  We've replaced the gf's bulbs about once a year now, which sucks, but they are soooooo nice compared to the stockers. 

I use Philips Extreme Power on the gf's focus and love driving the thing at night.  Here is the link for the mustang bulbs: 

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-9007-X-treme-Power-Headlight/dp/B00480N16S

Ive always read the Osram Night Breakers are great bulbs too, but never tried them.

@ im seriously debating going back to regular halogens myself because the HID's dont give me high beams, which sucks by me.  Remember too, the brighter bulb you go, the shorter it's lifespan will be in regards to the halogens.  We've replaced the gf's bulbs about once a year now, which sucks, but they are soooooo nice compared to the stockers. 

I use Philips Extreme Power on the gf's focus and love driving the thing at night.  Here is the link for the mustang bulbs: 

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-9007-X-treme-Power-Headlight/dp/B00480N16S

Ive always read the Osram Night Breakers are great bulbs too, but never tried them.

Osram makes really nice stuff, I run their Xenarc 5000k HID's in the retrofits on the scion and they're so damn crisp. They're supposed to last forever too. I'd imagine their halogens are top notch as well.

I used the Phillips Extreme Power bulbs on my WRX and they lasted 8 months till one burnt out. Switched to the silverstar zXe and been happy. So much so I just put a set of zXe in the cobra and noticed a huge difference over the bulbs that came with the headlights(American Muscle)

napa sells a standard halogen headlight with 100w/80w output instead of 65w/55w.. part number H9007 under their balkamp line..same issue tho with a higher wattage comes a shorter bulb life expectancy

Heck if you just want the HID look without the HID pricetag get some ebay halogens (if you're a cheapskate like me). Here's the ones I put in a Subaru and they work dang good. Can't really beat em for $5 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171500765988