deceptive gt

Project Deceptive GT

Well in addition to my 96 Cobra, Project Venomous (http://www.sn95source.com/topic/4910-project-venomous/) I have my 02 GT Vert. I bought the car back in 07 with 22,500 miles on it right before I reported to Ft Campbell. I wanted an S197 but could not find anything I liked with the options and color combo. I found this gem and really did like the color combo with the options. I never wanted a convertible but could not pass up the deal.

Here it was when I drove it off the lot, it only had a Flowmaster Catback.

DayOne.jpg

I got bit by the mod bug. The first was a CAI from MAc, then EIbach Pro System Plus, Steeda UDPs, Professional Products 75MM TB and Plenum, SCT X3, Pro 5.0 Shifter, Cobra Front Brakes, Steeda X2s, replaced the Flowmasters with Super 44s, UPR X Pipe, Haartz Stayfast Canvas Top, 18" Staggered Bullitts, Steeda 18" Ultralites, wing delete, and a few stereo changes that ended with Pioneer AVHP4200, Inifinty Kappa Components, Diamond Audio D310s, and Diamond Audio Amps.

Here is the way she looked when at the last iteration of the car.

mustang009.jpg

mustang002.jpg

mustang011.jpg

I pulled it into the garage to do a clutch change, headers, mid pipe, catback, and was going to throw on a Vortech. I broke three tools trying to get the pilot bearing out of the crank, damn thing was not moving. I decided the motor had to come out. I started to piece together a 4V swap. Fast forward a little under three years and I picked up a 96 Cobra. I decided at that point to use my 4V parts to do a C Swap on the Cobra and stay 2V. My plan was to get Trickflow Heads and a Bullitt Intake and Vortech both cars (V1 Si for the GT and V7 JT for the Cobra). Well, the other day I got a deal on essentially a 01 C Head longblock that I could not pass up. So back to the 4V swap.

Here is what she looks like sitting in the garage right now.

IMG_4996_zps879ac86e.jpg

Plans?

Saleen clone (real Saleen Kit), Vortech V1 Si, built Teksid block, C Heads (P&P, blower cams), return fuel system, 4pt cage, etc...

I am looking for around 500-600rwhp on this car; nothing too crazy. The Cobra I going crazy performance wise, the GT I want for more of cruise and show car.

I like it! Staying SRA? IRS?

SRA, I have to get some garage play time and get some pictures. I have tons of stuff for this car also. I am keeping the SRA in both cars. I have everything for the rear of my GT to build it.

Well, warmer weather is getting me excited. I have ordered some primer, solvent, and Mineral Gray paint. I will be using this to repaint the interior under the carpet, the inside of the trunk, behind the dash, and the dash frame. Depending on how it comes out, I may do the underbody and a few other places that are not readily seen.

Well, update time I guess. The C Head 4V stuff I got a few weeks ago included heads that had port work done, a valve job, and are supposed to have new bronze valve guides. They did have one slight issue, upon start up after the work two of the oil passages to two cam journals had something clogging them that caused the journals to be scarred. I went to http://precisionraceengines.com/ to have the heads looked at and luck was on my side. The shop said that the damage is minimal and can be polished clean. So the heads are being cleaned, checked, torn down, the cam journals are going to be repaired. WIN! Precision Race Engines will be building my engine for both cars.

awesome! no one likes buying bad parts! im looking foreward to seeing your engine build for this car i love the color and the vert! do you have any body modifications in mind? maybe a nice 03-04 cobra bumper :)

awesome! no one likes buying bad parts! im looking foreward to seeing your engine build for this car i love the color and the vert! do you have any body modifications in mind? maybe a nice 03-04 cobra bumper :)

I new that two of the cam journals were scarred on one of the heads. I bought a bunch of parts off the guy (01 Teksid Block with rotating assembly, lower intake, and a bunch of other things) and he threw the heads in for an extra $100. Paying the extra $100 was well worth the risk since the heads have zero miles, porting, and a valve job. It should cost me about $30o for all the work I am having done. So $400 for a set of ported C Heads with a valve job.

As far as body, I bought an authentic Saleen S281 Kit. I have a new present for the body coming on Friday.

Santa Freight made a stop at my house since I have been good. Dropped off Trufiber's Saleen Extreme hood. I love the look of the hood and the wife loves it also.

post-559-0-82190900-1427493072_thumb.jpg

Well, I spent a few more dollars on the car this weekend. Not to go into too much detail and spoil it before the pictures. I ordered the last pieces I needed to build a stout rear-end on the car. I will be taking the rear-end out in the next few weeks when my buddy brings his RX7 over for some maintenance. An extra hand will make getting the rear out and in the truck easier. Then it will be off to the shop to be torn down, off to the powdercoater for some beautification, then back to the shop for the rebuild with all the goodies.

Well Ladies and Gentlemen, we have more car parts.

IMG_6276_zpstdaijgbv.jpg

New smoked headlight housings and COPs

IMG_6271_zpshxtnfmud.jpg

Canton Windage Tray, FRPP 3.73 Gears, FRPP Master Install Kit, "Powered By SVT" COP Covers, Manley SVT Rods, Eaton Detroit TrueTrac, MAC Ceramic LTs

IMG_6269_zps24bbse4s.jpg

Mach 1 Intake Manifold, Vortech V1 Si Trim

IMG_6268_zps2wgcwmkl.jpg

18" Staggered SVE 10th Anniversary Wheels, SS Radiator Cover, Saleen Sill Plates

IMG_6267_zpswc9rxmof.jpg

H&R SuperSport Springs, Koni Yellow Adjustable Shocks and Struts, Stifflers K Brace, J&M Upper and Lower Control Arms

IMG_6264_zpsjqebd9lz.jpg

Raxiom Smoked Taillights

I agree that's one hell of a shopping spree!

These builds are expensive. I have been thinking about putting the 99-04 rear under my Cobra just to make it look a bit better wheel wise.

Good news, the heads are cleaned, magnafluxed, and the cam journals cleaned and polished. They are within factory specs! WIN!!!!!!!! Ported, polished, 01 Cobra Heads with new bronze valve guides, and a valve job for a total of $340. Just need to look at cams and valvesprings. I will either go with CMS stage 2 blower cams and valvesprings or a set of custom cams designed by Kurgan and custom PAC valvesprings.

Just picked up the heads; took a gamble and won. Paid $100 for 01 Cobra Heads that were freshly ported, new bronze valve guides, and valve jobs but two scarred cam journals due to clogged oil passages. Precision Race Engines charged my $240 to disassemble, clean, check, and fix them. All it took was a polishing wheel.

Sounds like $340 well spent!

I will have to get pictures up of them.

Since the Convertible was broken into and the dash was broken (part of the plastic support had to be repaired but you cannot see it unless you remove the radio bezel) it will go back into the Cobra and the new one will go back into the convertible. I have the new dash separated from the frame and the wiring harness off. I started sanding down the frame.I may take it to get sandblasted as it would be easier. It will then get primed, painted, and cleared before going back into the car.

hilampI_zpslfwg0waw.jpg

Yesterday was my birthday and we decided to go out for some drinks and food. We had a some friends meet us out and had a wonderful time.

Today we worked around the house . We are putting new flooring in, I replaced the door to our Florida Room, and replaced the flag pole and mount on the house.

The past few months have been a bit crazy. Work and school have been crazy. I stepped down from my management position and into a new field, Biomedical Engineering. This will afford me more time at home and eliminate my work stress, I also received a nice raise. Soon I will have some better updates, but for now a picture of my wife's gift for my garage.

e31e623fc4a433874287c2dd50963aee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love that butcher block! Very nice work bench for sure.

Bamboo and I love it. I am ordering a soldering may as work bought me a nice soldering iron. They bought me a nice $1k tool kit for electronics. It will get used a great deal.

Congrats on the new job! Always nice when you can get more money and less stress!

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk