Bullitt

Welcome To SN95Source.com: DMassey

Everyone please welcome DMassey to SN95Source.com.

DMassey Please tell us about yourself and your car(s) and feel free to browse around and get to know others. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you for being part of the Source community!

View DMassey's Profile

:welcomenew:

Hey guys, my name is Derrick.  I am located in West Virginia, and currently driving a Comp Orange 04 GT.  While SVTP is my "home", I have joined here to stay informed about the SN95-New Edge Cruise at Mustang Week.  I have been to MW every year since 2005, and I heard about the cruise a couple years ago... but I only purchased my 04 back in October 2014, so I am looking to participate in the cruise this year.

Here's a shot of my 04...

11110179_10101397233090903_1540969897775

Very modest mod list at this time: Latemodel/SVE canned SCT tune, SVE Cobra-spec front brakes, Pypes off-road X-pipe, MAC 3" catback, stock engine down to paper air filter, black SVE Drift wheels w/ 275 Nittos, Terminator nose, rear spoiler delete, and SVE smoked tail light vinyl.  A stall converter, Strange 10-ways, Procharger and then a Coyote swap are in the eventual plans, but no rush.  Since I bought the car in October I've been putting the most effort into fixing those small things that these cars need like door cups, cowl vent cover, floor mats, belt tensioner, tie rod ends, crap like that.

This is my first New Edge car myself, but have always been very familiar with them since our local Mustang crew has really helped each other work over pretty much any late model Mustang made lol.  Myself, I've previously had a H/C/I 87 5.0 LX, bolt-on 06 GT, and a built 2000 Lightning.  I am really enjoying this New Edge car, even being pretty much bone stock.  I think as far as looks go, they have aged as well as any car ever.

thanks for the welcome!

Welcome Derrick! I bet she sounds mean with the 3" MAC... I had a local buddy with an Aluminator/Whipple 2.3 terminator with that exhaust and it sounded insanely good!

What part of WV are you in?

I am in Boone County, just south of Charleston.

Was your buddy's Terminator a silver vert?  Reason I ask is that my buddy sold his silver 03 vert to a guy from Pittsburgh a few years ago.  Aluminator, Stage 2 Crower cams, MAC 3" catback... it had a 2.2L KB on it at the time, but could have easily been switched over to a Whipple after the fact.  It did sound incredible, especially with those cams.

I do like the way my car sounds with this exhaust setup, but I pretty much only bought the 3" version in anticipation of the Coyote swap down the road.  And i've always been a fan of MAC mufflers.  I also ran them on my old 87 LX.

I am in Boone County, just south of Charleston.

Was your buddy's Terminator a silver vert?  Reason I ask is that my buddy sold his silver 03 vert to a guy from Pittsburgh a few years ago.  Aluminator, Stage 2 Crower cams, MAC 3" catback... it had a 2.2L KB on it at the time, but could have easily been switched over to a Whipple after the fact.  It did sound incredible, especially with those cams.

I do like the way my car sounds with this exhaust setup, but I pretty much only bought the 3" version in anticipation of the Coyote swap down the road.  And i've always been a fan of MAC mufflers.  I also ran them on my old 87 LX.

Yes it was, that's definitely the car. He sold the KB and swapped to a Whipple, had it for a year or so and was having some tuning issues with fuel pressure spikes. He ended up trading for a built motor black 03 that he put a Whipple on and is setting up an E85 fuel system on it, I think he made high 600's last time I asked him about it. The new car is cammed but not as aggressively and doesn't have the 3" Macs so it doesn't sound nearly as badass, but he likes black better than silver lol.