Drake

Question

I was looking at a couple convertibles today at the junkyard 94-98 and all of them had subframe connectors on them just bolted in. So i figured that they did that since there is no roof and it being a unibody frame they just did that from the plant. So the question is, is there a benefit to buying the 150-200 dollar subframe connectors or are they pretty much the same thing as the ones they put on convertibles?

-DrakE

I was looking at a couple convertibles today at the junkyard 94-98 and all of them had subframe connectors on them just bolted in. So i figured that they did that since there is no roof and it being a unibody frame they just did that from the plant. So the question is, is there a benefit to buying the 150-200 dollar subframe connectors or are they pretty much the same thing as the ones they put on convertibles?

-DrakE

The $150-$200 SFC's are weld in generally. Roush Mustangs also came with factory subframe connectors that are bolt on. I can tell you from experience these don't do much. The chassis has flexed so much on my car one of the bolts holding in the SFC sheared itself off. These subframe connectors can also be welded in, and I highly recommend doing so. I'm planning on welding mine in with some Spintech Subframe Connectors that are specifically made for Mustang Side exhaust. best part about it is that you can use the Roush SFC to triangulate it and make it even stronger.

cef6e6c8.jpg

e70f0b28.jpg

I have the bbk's welded in, and next step is finishing the back half and getting it all tied in..

The bbk's would weld or bolt in I at first welded them in and on the fuel line (pass front) I bolted it in there but welded the back side in..

Sent from my iPhone

The $150-$200 SFC's are weld in generally. Roush Mustangs also came with factory subframe connectors that are bolt on. I can tell you from experience these don't do much. The chassis has flexed so much on my car one of the bolts holding in the SFC sheared itself off. These subframe connectors can also be welded in, and I highly recommend doing so. I'm planning on welding mine in with some Spintech Subframe Connectors that are specifically made for Mustang Side exhaust. best part about it is that you can use the Roush SFC to triangulate it and make it even stronger.

cef6e6c8.jpg

e70f0b28.jpg

absolutely will be welding them in even if i go with stockers.

op i wondered this same thing. and i def think the sfc's on the verts do alot! before i bought my vert i drove my cousins gt and the difference between the two are night and day. his felt loose and alot of play everywhere, where as mine did not. so installing the ones that come stock on the verts have to help imo! but the weld ins are def gonna give you more stability compared to stock vert bolted in ones.

but my question is....is there a difference between stock ones and the aftermarkets?

Yes. Stockers are not full length. they're only partial and generally only connect the back half to the outer pinch welds. versus, MM or Spintech that reach from the front frame rail to the torque boxes.

I have a vert with the factory sfc's. Also have extra welded in full lengths. My car is rigid to say the least. Enough to where you can't jack up one wheel. Both come up regardless. They really help with body roll. [ATTACH]333[/ATTACH]

post-57-13881836201851_thumb.jpg

were subframe connectors a factory option? I have a 95 vert and it did not come with and sfc. There is a thin brace under the front subframe but nothing that ties the front to the rears. I removed the front brace a long time ago and made my own sub frame connectors that go through the floor. When I get home from work I will post pictures but it was a night and day difference. bolt in sfc are a waste of time. I am sure they are better than nothing but nothing like welding them in.

The bolt in sub frames were not a factory option as far as I know but did come on all 99-04 verts along with the factory k member brace. Some I have seen without so maybe there just an option for verts...

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

My 1994 vert had some welded on. Whether those were the originals welded on or some redneck hackjob I'm not sure lol.
Welded is deff not a o.e.m part. They were all bolt it with two bolts in the front and two in the back.
Dont need thru the floor unless your a full out race car IMO. Get some MM ones, weld them badboys in and GO!!!

Yea, 25.5 cars go through the floor lol..

Welded is deff not a o.e.m part. They were all bolt it with two bolts in the front and two in the back.

lol IM not saying they arent the shit and the way to go.. but just not needed for most.

I'm sure they were'nt originally welded in, but they PO might have welded them in. Not sure if they were stocks welded or aftermarket though is what I meant.

No 94-95 verts ever came from ford with subframe connectors. They did come with a bolt in X brace but that is far from being considered a SFC. If you came across one then somebody bolted them in.