Brian

Post Your Cooling Systems [Pushrods]

Looking to see what everyone is running for their cooling systems in their pushrod cars. Hopefully this thread will help others who are looking into these mods. Try to be as clear and organized in your posts as possible and include pictures if you can.

Brand:

Price:

Ordered From:

Reason:

Review:

Usage (Street/Strip/Drag/Etc):

Pictures:

Also if there are other fields that you feel would be worth having let me know and I'll add them.

Ebay 3 core aluminum radiator

Stock fan

180* thermostat

New reman water pump

Ordered from various places. Car still runs hot would lofe to have a tune that ran the fans sooner than they currently do. Car is fine on most driving but gets toasty once the A/C is running.

Also have all lower plastic pieces as well as the hoodvent to try and help airflow. Next step is to wrap the headers to keep the radiant heat down while idling.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Steeda 2" aluminum (C&R) radiator. It was on sale at the time. It's almost 10 years old now, and has help up really well. Flowkooler high volume water pump. Mr. Gasket High Flow 180 degree thermostat. I also put a restricter in the bypass hose to channel more water to the radiator.

Kurt

Kurt how do you like that water pump? I was looking at one of those from Summit for mine. Btw ill be seeing you soon probably. Gotta pass emissions in October for my birthday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Steeda 2" aluminum (C&R) radiator. It was on sale at the time. It's almost 10 years old now, and has help up really well. Flowkooler high volume water pump. Mr. Gasket High Flow 180 degree thermostat. I also put a restricter in the bypass hose to channel more water to the radiator.

Kurt

sucks, no flowkooler for the 4.6...

Edited by DOHC GT

*Mishimoto

*$200

*American Muscle

*I threw away my stock rad and bought this a while back before I knew they leaked.

Car didn't get much use but I developed a leak on one of the tubing welds, sent info, pics, and $35 to mishimoto and they mailed me a new one. Second one started leaking from the lower tube after about 30 minutes of messing with the tune, not sure if it's the radiator itself or the hose loosened up I'm just tired of working on the car and have been to lazy to do anything to it

*Radiator does the job though, keeps the car cool and fits great, pushes the fan a bit towards the engine which might hurt clearance for people running superchargers with the dual belt setup

*Street car with a little show and go

Edited by Ivan

Fluidyne radiator

Lincoln Mark VIII fan

custom-fabbed aluminum shroud

CSI overflow bottle

XRP -20an fittings/braided hose

CSR -20an swivel water neck

180 t-stat

Ford Racing water pump (was informed by Rich that the Ford Racing one isn't the best, will replace with a Stewart if it ever craps out on me)

Works pretty well, even sitting in traffic the car never goes above 210 now. With the stock cooling setup on the 347 it would climb near 230 and up sometimes, even while not sitting still...:nightmare:

Kurt how do you like that water pump? I was looking at one of those from Summit for mine. Btw ill be seeing you soon probably. Gotta pass emissions in October for my birthday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Awesome, can't speak highly enough about it. I've used them on several cars. For starters, it's actually a high volume water pump, where the more expensive Stewart brand is not. The Stewart is a factory replacement, and I have pictures to prove it. The Flowkooler actually comes with a lifetime guarantee too. I had one that was almost 10 years old, and the seal started to leak a bit. I brought it back to Summit, and they gave me a new one no questions asked. Actually, it was better than that. The price on the water pump went down like $9 since I bought it 10 years ago, and they refunded me the difference of $9 on a warranty exchange. I insisted that there was no reason they should be giving me $9 back, but the lady told me that's the way the computer does it, and she couldn't be bothered to change it.

I'll be out of country the first week of October, but I'll be around the rest of the month. See you then.

Kurt

Kurt, do you have a part number for that Flowkooler pump? I looked on their site under the 302/5.0L category and it doesn't show a specific one for the 94-95, which I'm sure there is because of our timing covers and all the other stupid differences with our accessories compared to fox bodies.

Oh and Brian, sorry I didn't follow your OP, honestly I posted from my phone this morning and didn't read the whole thread. I won't be able to fill out all those blanks anyway though, if I kept track of what I spent on everything I would be sick to my stomach, lol.

Edited by 95riosnake

Fluidyne radiator

Lincoln Mark VIII fan

custom-fabbed aluminum shroud

CSI overflow bottle

XRP -20an fittings/braided hose

CSR -20an swivel water neck

180 t-stat

Ford Racing water pump (was informed by Rich that the Ford Racing one isn't the best, will replace with a Stewart if it ever craps out on me)

Works pretty well, even sitting in traffic the car never goes above 210 now. With the stock cooling setup on the 347 it would climb near 230 and up sometimes, even while not sitting still...:nightmare:

"Ordered" from me! Genuine Unicorn parts!!

Paul.

"Ordered" from me! Genuine Unicorn parts!!

Paul.

Other than the CSR swivel water neck to run a thermostat and the water pump, yep lol. Still one of the best deals I've ever gotten. Changed around the hoses a little bit too, and the Mark VIII fan is missing a portion of its ribs now to clear the blower piping ;)

Now you need to sell me that über cool water pump pulley of yours!

Ah good call, somehow I didn't see that one when I checked their site. Added to this winter's list, lol.

Brand: Fluidyne rad, 180* t-stat, manual switch w/ stock fan, bottle of water wetter, FRPP water pump, autometer temp gauge

Price: so long ago, have no idea anymore

Ordered From: ditto

Reason: Mishimoto didn't exist at the time...

Review: despite what people say, i've had no problems with my rad in over 8 years now. manual fan switch works nicely since i don't have to wait till the car gets hotter than i like to turn it on.

Usage (Street/Strip/Drag/Etc): "Street"

Pictures: nothing fancy to really show off.

Brand: Mishimoto 2 core aluminum radiator. First one leaked on me. So far the second one w/ the new mounting brackets has been good.

180* T stat

Stock fan

Stewart high flow water pump.

Car runs at a constant 180-190. Hardly ever see it break 200. Used for street/strip

Mishimoto radiator

Stock wp for foxbody

Stock wp Pulley fox

Stock vortech lower pulley

Stock 94-5 rad fan

Seems to keep cool on the street, my low speed fan runs all the time, and I have a switch to run the hs fan. It heats up pretty good on the track, I'm gonna modify the stock shroud. It can get as high as 230* after a few laps.

Brand: Mishimoto 3-row aluminum

Price: $349

Ordered From: Latemodel Restoration Supply

Reason: Stock radiator had a pinhole leak

Review: This is the best radiator I've ever had in a vehicle. I've not experienced any leaks with the unit (while I have read of quite a few others that have), but there is a lifetime warranty on the unit. Running last summer in Texas heat (90+ consecutive days over 100 degrees), the car ran at 185-190 degrees, sitting in traffic.

Usage (Street/Strip/Drag/Etc): Street/Soon to be track (road race)

Other: The rest of my system comprises of stock water pump, 160° thermostat, 3" crank pulley, stock water pump pulley, and a flex fan with a stock fan shroud

Pictures:

100_3306.jpg