cmsismyname

Cmsismyname's Last Call Thread

Well I've decided that my next car is gonna be a focus St but I'm only 18 and work part time so its gonna take me awhile to save up but I'm persistent and have a plan. I have a list of parts on my car that need to be fixed or replaced and all parts will be upgraded when replaced. My goal is to slightly raise the resale value on a budget. Ill be improving the appearance with a jdm/hellaflush twist. I'll probably get flamed for saying that but trust me it'll look good.

Heres the first change.

post-135-13881836297186_thumb.jpg

Ive cleaned it up a bit since this picture but you get the idea.

^ Haha coming from an import background i never got in to the JDM thing.. making my car undrivably low with redicilious camber.. id rather have a low but still drivable car that looks nice and is clean.. like everyone who has those green and yellow JDM leaf stickers (you'll know what i mean if you Google jdm leaf) People in japan have to put those on there car if they are learning to drive for a few years haha

I will say the mustang would look kinda cool with that twist, I remember on another site some one had a slammed fox and it looked AMAZING! lol Good luck cant wait to see it!

The other sn site had that one guy building a opal frost drift car that had a import twist that was half decent...

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

he just needed to reslam it and touch up thecolor of his wheels and it woulda looked good

Well I almost killed the car tonight. It over heated to the point where it started knocking but i managed to get it home and let it cool off. I checked the thermostat and it was bad so I bought a new one at the 24 hour vatozone and put it in and replaced the coolant. I went to test drive it and it started running hot again and as I pull back into the garage I noticed a a crap load if coolant. I looked under the hood and theres coolant on the water pump driver side head and everything else in that area and its leaking bad. I'm thinking the thermostat housing is leaking but I'll have to investigate more tomorrow

Well I almost killed the car tonight. It over heated to the point where it started knocking but i managed to get it home and let it cool off. I checked the thermostat and it was bad so I bought a new one at the 24 hour vatozone and put it in and replaced the coolant. I went to test drive it and it started running hot again and as I pull back into the garage I noticed a a crap load if coolant. I looked under the hood and theres coolant on the water pump driver side head and everything else in that area and its leaking bad. I'm thinking the thermostat housing is leaking but I'll have to investigate more tomorrow

5ltr car? It took me about 4 tries and a brand new thermostat housing before mine would properly seal. I used the gasket and permatex Indian head gasket sealant

I'm looking forward to seeing the roof.

I want to get a couple things wrapped on mine but I might just end up getting a professional to do it.

If you have the money it's definitely worth it to have a professional do it. It was a huge PITA and if something doesn't get done right it's their fault.

I didn't Post it in here but less than a month ago I paid $1000 to have the entire A/C system replaced on my car and today on my way home it went out again. I narrowed it down and know it's the clutch but needless to say I'm pissed and my car will be back at their shop when they open tomorrow.

well that sucks. sorry to hear that man.

I don't know if its just me, but everytime I take my car to a shop to have something fixed, they fix one thing and brake another, or like in your case didn't borther to do good job and just did a quick fix so it woudn't hold very well.

My mustang's my only car as well, hence why i can't do any major upgrades that will have the car down for more then a day.

Glad to hear they're fixing it for free though.

Same here and since I work in retail I never have 2 days in a row off so vary rarely can I be without a car for more than a day

I know some of you guys aren't quite sure what I aiming for with this build so here are some pics of what inspired me.

first was this lexus sc.

post-135-13881836442781_thumb.jpg

then I was looking through StanceNation forums and came across this car which I remembered from the other site.

post-135-13881836445046_thumb.jpg

post-135-13881836440304_thumb.jpg

post-135-13881836441609_thumb.jpg

post-135-13881836443963_thumb.jpg