bcozzi71

Exhaust Tips ??

I have some exhaust tips that need to get welded on to my pipes. I had a local place quote me minimum of $120 to weld them on. I kinda thought that was outrageous price for what I see as a easy project. Am I crazy or is that how much welding has gone up over the years?

3 hours ago, ttocs said:

yea it seems high to me.  You do not know anyone with a welder that you could do it with?  As you said no big deal, its not structural.

I used to know a guy who was awesome and helped me out all the time. He made a whole cat back exhaust with an x pipe for $300 bucks but after I got married I moved away from Jersey to PA. It might be worth the drive to see him again just to have him put these on.  

21 hours ago, bcozzi71 said:

I have some exhaust tips that need to get welded on to my pipes. I had a local place quote me minimum of $120 to weld them on. I kinda thought that was outrageous price for what I see as a easy project. Am I crazy or is that how much welding has gone up over the years?

Well I would assume the tips are stainless... Ia thw catback stainless also? Either way a harbour creight welder wont do shit for ya. A good tig welder isnt cheap.