Serpent

sn 95 wings/spoiler/ducktail

in case anyone interested, experimenting with a couple of different designs. will post pics if interest is there. wing/spoiler/ducktail will be out of abs plastic with aluminum mounting brackets to the factory holes. this may take awhile as my aluminum fab guy is really good, but sometimes busy to takes him abit to get something finished.

one is partially done in cardboard now. will have to get with my fab guy and see what he thinks about the brackets.

one will be this shape but but fasten to the lid like an s281 wing does

393044?$mproductlarge$&wid=810&hei=608.jpg

the other will be be more like this, but again, fasten to the existing holes. both will be with brackets to mount the wing to the trunk with the brackets being as unobtrusive as possible.

980975_489543751153543_1286305241_o.jpg

trying to make something a bit more universal in nature so it would work on the sn95 and new edge. we shall see. my son has a new edge so can try on my car and his and see.

thinking a bit more angle up than the s281 wing, not straight up like a nascar-ish but more than the s281. these will feed off the back line of the fender rather than the lid so won't look so narrow. in addition, the other design flaws, in my opinion of course. is that when they make brackets, the wing sits on the bracket in such a way that it raises it significantly off of the deck lid. I plan to notch the bottom of the wing where the wing hits the bracket so that it is just off the trunk lid. being plastic, anyone could easily oval shape the mounting hole to adjust it down even more if they want it to touch. I don't want mine to touch, but barely not touch.

might even see what my fab guy says about hinging the bracket so the angle could be adjusted.

• Like 1

love seeing new development things for SNs.  although i'm not interested in a spoiler, that rendering of the rear diffuser is on point.  whens somebody going to make one like that?!

• Like 1

On 5/9/2018 at 8:29 AM, Prokiller said:

love seeing new development things for SNs.  although i'm not interested in a spoiler, that rendering of the rear diffuser is on point.  whens somebody going to make one like that?!

+1 on the diffuser. If someone made one like that I would have to think it would sell well. I'd pay a nice chunk of change for one in real CF.

The spoiler design looks pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing how it shapes up!

not the same diffuser as on the drawing of the yellow car. but one none the less. they make two, one street and one race

https://www.carterscustoms04.com/product-page/sn95-rear-diffuser-street-version

the guy who did the drawing was hoping someone would make the body kit that is in the drawing, but never happened. too bad.

On 5/18/2018 at 8:55 PM, Serpent said:

not the same diffuser as on the drawing of the yellow car. but one none the less. they make two, one street and one race

https://www.carterscustoms04.com/product-page/sn95-rear-diffuser-street-version

the guy who did the drawing was hoping someone would make the body kit that is in the drawing, but never happened. too bad.

and thanks...

clicked on link, started browsing his stuff and then ordered a sn95 front splitter from him.

They have some badass stuff on their site for sure, so awesome to see SN95's getting cool shit again, it's been a good 10-15 years since this platform got much love in the aftermarket.

fab guy has made the first rendition of the brackets. messed with them and gave them back, hopefully for the final version. mocked up the two wings and have the straight across one done I think and if so, will have it reproduced in a thick abs plastic. the wing with the center cut out has taken more time. made up two so far and modified the second one to the point will mock up a third and hopefully, final version of that one. once I get the brackets back, will test fit my mock-up and then have both reproduced to the final product.

fab guy has the metal brackets for the final touches.

bracket will have studs to extend down into the trunk for mounting there and will be tapped for the wing to be attached on the upright of the bracket.