dannysvt

UPR coilover kit

This is the same setup I run on my car. With there k member kit and like frank said rides nice and smooth on tw street and is more then capable of hanging the front tires on local streets .

For Drag Racing the UPR setup is a nice piece. Wouldn't say the best but it is a good bang for your buck setup. Not too harsh on the street/daily driving.

But as someone said before I wouldn't put it on a car that goes through the turns.

Car looks good Danny. Once yall get the rear taken care of it'll be stanced real nice. Looking forward to updates.

For Drag Racing the UPR setup is a nice piece. Wouldn't say the best but it is a good bang for your buck setup. Not too harsh on the street/daily driving.

But as someone said before I wouldn't put it on a car that goes through the turns.

Car looks good Danny. Once yall get the rear taken care of it'll be stanced real nice. Looking forward to updates.

Why is that? ..sorry is dumb question.

I thought coilovers were ideal for corner carving?

Yea, there nice for adj. Suspention for corners and getting the car low but the upr, mmr, billit depot etc etc etc all sell low end budget kits and the quality was not there on my MMRkit either. So not sure if brian is talking about quality or just the fact that a 14" springs are to tall for an ideal corner carving height, as well as the 175# spring weight :)

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

It's not bad if you are using it for drag racing but I wouldn't put it on my car for going into the turns. MM is where it's at for that. It all depends on what you want and what you're doing with your car.

The sleeve that slides over the strut is real thin/cheesy IMO. There a great bang for your buck coil over kit and depending on what you want out of the car they work well. But they do not compare to the quality kits out there like Griggs etc where the actual strut is threaded...

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

The quality is actually just fine. So many people bash it with out owning the product . I have mm coilovers and UPR and to tell you the truth it's basically the same shit there both fake coilovers so IMO both are not the best quality. If you want a real quality coilover you buy a coilover setup that is built right into the shock or strut. Even with 175 springs in the front with my 10 way shocks and Struts I can make my shit box out handle alot of the cars on the site. Team z is up there in drag racing big time there stuffs cheap so what's ur guys opinion on that ? If UPR was complete garbage like people say people wouldn't be going mid8's at over 160mph in a stock style mustang suspension car. The stuff clearly performs great. I own alot of mm stuff and I personally only care for there suspension stuff the rest is junk . Quadrants are crap cables are good.basically I like there tubular k member coilovers and lower control arms panhard bar and torque arm. I actually don't even like there ugly caster camber plates .

The quality is actually just fine. So many people bash it with out owning the product . I have mm coilovers and UPR and to tell you the truth it's basically the same shit there both fake coilovers so IMO both are not the best quality. If you want a real quality coilover you buy a coilover setup that is built right into the shock or strut. Even with 175 springs in the front with my 10 way shocks and Struts I can make my shit box out handle alot of the cars on the site. Team z is up there in drag racing big time there stuffs cheap so what's ur guys opinion on that ? If UPR was complete garbage like people say people wouldn't be going mid8's at over 160mph in a stock style mustang suspension car. The stuff clearly performs great. I own alot of mm stuff and I personally only care for there suspension stuff the rest is junk . Quadrants are crap cables are good.basically I like there tubular k member coilovers and lower control arms panhard bar and torque arm. I actually don't even like there ugly caster camber plates .

:rofl:

Like frank said. Griggs is better then MM that is a real coilover even mm is cheap shit alternative to the real deal if you guys wanna talk real road racing or track cars. Only budget builders run fake coilovers.

:rofl:

Whats so funny ? You swear by mm just like most you guys and I bet I have a few more thousand dollars of there shit in my car then you or most the people on here aside from replica R who has everything I have. Yea my car handles great could it be better with a different system oh fuck yea it could

well im a careful driver but they make a few clunks and clanks im running the strange on adjustment 3, and its pretty low right now... i haven't hit my bumper really only my driveway but i gotta hang my exhaust a little better so it stops scraping.

Ive got the UPR coil overs with 12 inch 200-250 lb springs, forget exactly but with tokico blue struts it rides pretty soft actually, probably better than stock.

As far as quality, well you might get SLIGHTLY better quality if you buy MM but I wouldnt be worried about turning hard with the UPR coil overs at all.

upr-200612250_6220.jpg

MMCO-2_LG.jpg

The kits look basically the same other than the MM sleeve has a cutout and the perch is different.

Either way, the UPR stuff works just fine, does the same damn job as any other coil overs...the spring and shock will determine how the car handles.

Edited by justinschmidt1

MY upr kit has a cutout for the strut too

Really?

Damn, when did you buy them?

I got my kit a few months ago with no cut outs.

I just wrapped the strut with some fabric material I had laying around and used spray adhesive to keep the fabric from moving, then when I slid the sleeve over it was a tight fit so it wouldnt slide around/ make noise.

UPR is completely manufactured Overseas btw UPR pays like $100 for each k member for a sweat shop to make them. Not sure If I want the same kid who makes legos to be burning together tubes and plates that is a key component of my vehicles suspension just food for thought. To the original thread starter I'm glad you stuck with the 14-175 combo that is your ideal street number plenty of ground clearance and enough spring pressure to keep your ride comfy but perform at the same time. Next upgrade for you should be the Tubular A-arms to save yourself some weight maybe even do a tubular k-member swap?? Try a coil over set up in the rear you will be extremely pleased with the results. Not sure what your back suspension set up is maybe throw out your specs and I can point you in the right direction for as far as traction goes ;)

Really?

Damn, when did you buy them?

I got my kit a few months ago with no cut outs.

I just wrapped the strut with some fabric material I had laying around and used spray adhesive to keep the fabric from moving, then when I slid the sleeve over it was a tight fit so it wouldnt slide around/ make noise.

idk i had em a while

just never threw em in

298760_10150999737631712_1708370580_n.jpg