atlanticblue98

deeper into the 13's

Planning on going out to Funday Sunday at Orlando Speed World on September 9th to try and get farther into the 13's on untuned imrc deletes.

Previously I've had absolutely bald 275 nexen tires and have ran a best of 13.9@101 with full interior, sub, amp, spare tires, all that stuff. One night ran a 14.0@102 literally spinning all 4 gears (car going sideways spinning, scary shit)

I now have new tires (shitty 245 primewells) but new tires nonetheless and do not have a sub or amp in my car anymore. I plan on removing the rear seat along with the front passenger seat. Spare tire and jack are taken out as well.

I can't wait to go back and try to get it a little bit lower as I've also lost 20lbs myself since then. Gonna try and take a large poop before I run too, every bit counts ;)

We have to set up a race man!.. I went 2.1 60' 14.0@100 that same night on bald sumis, IRS, full interior with the subs in. Now that its SRA with the nonsence I had in the trunk out with the new conti's im wanting to hit the track again :)

Heads up and ass kickin! Using Tapatalk 2

Frank will for sure be in the 13's he IRS swapped his car and it was hurting his launch. But yea the biggest thing is shifting before the car unloads and falls on its face

Knucks is so right on this. Then you get addicted. I haven't been out that much this year but I've still laid down some 135+mph passes so I'm happy

Frank will for sure be in the 13's he IRS swapped his car and it was hurting his launch. But yea the biggest thing is shifting before the car unloads and falls on its face

Well im betting its in the 13.7 range at 101-102 with a 1.9 60". (I think Ryan might be in the same ballpark)

The 1986 Posi is a one wheel wonder thats in the car now :( But im also on street rubbers so i can't leave to hard or it will just spin. I was going to rebuild the posi but i really want a locker so ill just deal with the 1 wheel peel lol.

Car has dropped about 250 Lbs since the 14.0 Pass (Figuring in some of the IRS weight) And i got rid of the junk autozone clutch for a ACT 6 puck.

Ill say this from experience when you enter the 13s zone thats when the "passion" becomes obsession best of luck to you both and be safe out there above anything else.

Knuckles

Agree 1000000%!! I thought I'd be happy with a low 13 car, got that, now I'm high 12s and keep wanting more, it's a terrible obession/addiction problem. My goal is 11.6 with a procharger, not caging this car!

Mustard, 135+ In the Stang?

Yea in my fox on the 150 shot. I only took it out a couple times because that's not what the car was for but I had a urge to hit the track again at the beginning of the season. If my cars not ready next week it will be back out for mega ford weekend .

You guys need to invest in some decent rubber.

Removing weight is great and all but if traction was already an issue you're gonna have worse issue after removing a bunch of weight from the car, especially since all of the weight is coming out of the trunk/ rear of the car.

Just saying, not a bad idea to pick up a set of 15x7 tri bar stockers or something and throw a DR or slick on them for the track. Ive got all of like 80 bucks in my tri bars with slicks after paying to get them mounted.

You guys need to invest in some decent rubber.

Removing weight is great and all but if traction was already an issue you're gonna have worse issue after removing a bunch of weight from the car, especially since all of the weight is coming out of the trunk/ rear of the car.

Just saying, not a bad idea to pick up a set of 15x7 tri bar stockers or something and throw a DR or slick on them for the track. Ive got all of like 80 bucks in my tri bars with slicks after paying to get them mounted.

Oh I agree, but when my last set of shitty nexens weren't bald (I had npi power back then, so my et and trap blew dick) I still cut a couple 2.0 60's

When I deleted my imrcs, my tires were already bald. Even going back with these still shitty but new tires, if I can match my old 60 ft from before my deletes, ill be content. I'm actually at this point more concerned with my trap

I made the ride out there and there was light to no rain, they were closing up when we pulled in...

Like 30 Mins later the rain cleared up and it was dry as F about 15 mins up the street from the track at a buddy's house..

OSW is so damn annoying that they get 1hr of little to no rain and they close down a 6 Hr event like Funday Sunday...

The car is weird I Almost hit the wall one of the first times out on et street bias so I switched to a drag radial an the cars been working great I'm running a 325/60/15 it leaves like a bad mofo on the trans brake

Do you think before you post ?

Don't you run 14s?

What is the basis of your pointless comment.....yet again, like clock work, every time I post, you follow me up with some BS reply.

4.6s lack the bottom end grunt that the pushrod motors have which loosely translates to slower 60 foot times, simple as that.

Edited by justinschmidt1

yea we should i just cant weekends off for the life of me lol and there is no tracks open on wednesdays any more, im actually thinking of going to the lakeland track they are open on wednesdays, even though it's just an 1/8th with lots of ricers it's pretty close to me

Don't you run 14s?

What is the basis of your pointless comment.....yet again, like clock work, every time I post, you follow me up with some BS reply.

4.6s lack the bottom end grunt that the pushrod motors have which loosely translates to slower 60 foot times, simple as that.

Not sure what it runs, 14s sounds about right tho :) 4.6s don't lack the bottom end grunt as you say IMO, your post above has no proof to your claims.

This is a small forum and we are bound to run into each other. I open tapatalk hit "latest" & this thread was at the top so I checked it out and noticed your post and I posted a reply... Far from following you....

yea we should i just cant weekends off for the life of me lol and there is no tracks open on wednesdays any more, im actually thinking of going to the lakeland track they are open on wednesdays, even though it's just an 1/8th with lots of ricers it's pretty close to me

I wouldn't mind the drive if I knew the car would stay together. With my luck I would head out there and break with no way home...

I have to agree with Justin. Mod motors like being on the high rpm band where as old pushrods have some great low end. Why do you think the 2v guys like 4.10s or 4v guys love 4.56 gears? High compression on the mod motors gives the torque it wants on our mod motors, just ask Brett what his torque curve looks like.

I have to agree with Justin. Mod motors like being on the high rpm band where as old pushrods have some great low end. Why do you think the 2v guys like 4.10s or 4v guys love 4.56 gears? High compression on the mod motors gives the torque it wants on our mod motors, just ask Brett what his torque curve looks like.

3000-7000 flat 350+rwhp :)

Having that low end grunt also somes with lack of rpm's. The 302 in stock form is around 300tq +/- as well as the 99-04 4.6 motors making 300tq +/- so saying the 4.6 lacks torque sounds dumb to me as the tq stock for stock is the same. The 5.0 makes its max torque around 2500rpm +/- & the 4.6 is in the ballpark of 3500+ rpm for max torque but the 4.6 motors seem to do just fine getting out of the hole when leaving at the right rpm...

Having that low end grunt also somes with lack of rpm's. The 302 in stock form is around 300tq +/- as well as the 99-04 4.6 motors making 300tq +/- so saying the 4.6 lacks torque sounds dumb to me as the tq stock for stock is the same. The 5.0 makes its max torque around 2500rpm +/- & the 4.6 is in the ballpark of 3500+ rpm for max torque but the 4.6 motors seem to do just fine getting out of the hole when leaving at the right rpm...

I think what justin meant is low rpm torque. People just assume the word torque is what is in the low end and Hp is the top end. OEM, mod motors have torque but they don't have the oomph like a pushrod does at low rpms to just light up the tires. Off idle in my uncle's 69 camaro that thing will light em up. When the roush was stock there wasn't way its light up off of any rpm lower than 3k.. now I've changed that lmao

Yep exactly, im talking low end grunt, theres a big difference when you're making 300 ft lb at 2k rpms vs making it at 4k rpms.

Im not going to bother proving my claim cause its pretty much common knowledge at this point.

If you have ever driven a pushrod 5.0 and a 4.6 mustang you know exactly what im talking about.

Edited by justinschmidt1