Josh@RideTech

To supercharge, or not supercharge... That is the question...

Well, this is kind of a "go figure" subject.  I built my engine on a budget as a "street car".  Stock block, 331 Scat stroker, AFR 195's, Holley Systemax II, Comp Cam xe282hr, 36lb injectors, etc... According to the setup I have, it's set up right at 10.4:1 compression ratio.  Now the fun part, I found an almost new Vortech V2 setup for a fox, with a new Holley systemax lower/upper setup (I don't need it, but it's basically free), new MAF, and injectors for $2000.  I don't know enough about blower setups to know my options, I know my compression ratio isn't ideal but this is hard to pass up.  I talked to Lee @ Blankenship, he said to go for it and he could tune around it.  I'm thinking 5-6lbs and maybe a splash of race gas in the setup.  Who wants to school me on this, so I can keep my sanity? lol :D

keep the good gas in there and your rpms in check and it should be fine keep the stock pulley on there and it shoold make about 6-8 lbs you could run an aftercooler and be really cool

You live in corn country!!! E85 is plentiful!!!!! Lol

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

The goal is to not change much but E85 was a thought!

I asked about going meth on it, Lee said it wasn't necessary with what I'm going to be doing.  He actually even liked my race gas idea, to be on the safer side.  I don't plan on spinning the car too hard for an extended period of time but there will be several blasts, I'm sure...

Make some home made piping and make it all sexy like @95riosnake

A lot of work but I thought it was fun, and the Procharger piping was pretty crappy. If just using meth, making some homemade piping would be super easy since its like a foot long lol.

A lot of work but I thought it was fun, and the Procharger piping was pretty crappy. If just using meth, making some homemade piping would be super easy since its like a foot long lol.

It looks good too :D.

On a different note, does anyone have a set of 42lb injectors they aren't using?

It looks good too :D.

On a different note, does anyone have a set of 42lb injectors they aren't using?

I have been right on the verge of upgrading my 42 lb'ers since from what I hear they will probably limit me eventually....  A quick and easy semi-local sale might just push me over the edge.

I have been right on the verge of upgrading my 42 lb'ers since from what I hear they will probably limit me eventually....  A quick and easy semi-local sale might just push me over the edge.

On a stock block, you won't be able to make enough power to outgrow 42's FYI

yea I know but a new built bottom end is on the list sooner or later, along with a tranny that can handle it.  I also want to get down to the lower intake to drill/tap a hole for the AIT to go in the lowers runner so it can get a more accurate reading for when the meth is or rather in case it isn't.

yea I know but a new built bottom end is on the list sooner or later, along with a tranny that can handle it.  I also want to get down to the lower intake to drill/tap a hole for the AIT to go in the lowers runner so it can get a more accurate reading for when the meth is or rather in case it isn't.

The bottom end isn't the limitation, the block is the limitation. It doesn't matter what you put inside a stock block, 500 is about all you can make if you want the motor to live very long. I made 566rwhp/618twtq on 42's and they weren't maxed out (granted I have a 10.8:1 347 on 9psi, some guys running less compression and cubes may run higher boost)... the reason we dialed the power back to 495/494 in the tune was to keep from splitting the block. I have a completely forged short block with a main girdle, it's as strong as a stock block can get but 500 is still the cutoff point for longevity. Even at 500 it's still a gamble. If you want to buy new injectors and go bigger, that's fine but it is just a waste of money because your power level will outgrow your block before it will outgrow your 42's. If you're planning to move up to a Dart block, R block, etc. that can handle bigger power then yea, I would look into bigger injectors to start taking advantage of the power capacity of a stronger block.

• Supporting Member

Enjoy! I loved my 13 lbs of vortech altered atmosphere. 42's will suffice. On my stock block I was close to max injector duty cycle, but double digit bewst will do that. I didn't have a stroker so there's that..

Injector calculator.

http://fuelinjectorclinic.com/flow-calculator

Agreed with above comments. 42's is more than enough even without methanol to split your block right down the middle.  With methanol you have even more fuel ceiling. Save your money.