Tony

a decent camera?

i need a decent camera. i see these perfect pics you guys post and then i see mine all fn fuzzy lol. what's an easy to use affordable camera i can get pretty much anywhere like wal-mart or target?

Are you looking for a "Point and Shoot" or "DSLR" camera? You can't go wrong with Canon or Nikon. I'm not much of photography person but two of my friends went to school for it and are very knowledgeable. One will only use Canon and the other with only use Nikon. That debate can be as intense as the 5.0 vs 4.6 debate lol.

Kodak is going out of business and you can get some good cameras for fairly cheap at bestbuy and stuff. Downside is you wont have a warranty I dont guess
hmm, ok. thats good to know. bestbuy is like 4 miles from my house, lol. thanks dude

price range?
i dont really have a price range cause tbh i have never even bought a camera, lol. i dont really know what they go for. just one that takes clean shots and no fn little dots everywhere, lol.

the pics i take with my cell dont even look the same as what i was looking at. it almost seems like it screws up the shapes of things.

so what's an average price on an easy to use camera. digital

I recently bought a Canon EOS Rebel T3 and it's an amazing camera. I literally look for excuses to photograph things now lol.

With the camera, an extra lens, UV filters, camera bag and tripod I was into it nearing $1k but honestly it's worth every penny.

I wasn't at Mustang Week, maybe you mean Carlisle? I bought the camera after Carlisle. Those pictures were taken by Ryan (prokiller) and Rich (95opal), I'm not sure what cameras they have but maybe they'll chime in soon.

First off, what camera do you have right now?

I'm using a "point and click" Kodak z712is that I bought about 5 years ago. It will do 7.1mp pictures, 10x optical zoom, and so far, it's managed to take great pictures. Yea, it's a cheap camera, but it does the job. You might try cleaning the lens of your camera. If there are fingerprints all over it, it will make the pictures fuzzy. If you don't have a steady hand, that can cause fuzziness, as well.

Rob

yea that's right. carlisle, those pics came out so flawless and clean. showed detail that alot of cameras dont show. anyway i am going to bestbuy later and talking to someone in the know about cameras and snatching one. maybe then i can get some more realistic shots of my car and no more disfigured weird shit, lol...

First off, what camera do you have right now?

I'm using a "point and click" Kodak z712is that I bought about 5 years ago. It will do 7.1mp pictures, 10x optical zoom, and so far, it's managed to take great pictures. Yea, it's a cheap camera, but it does the job. You might try cleaning the lens of your camera. If there are fingerprints all over it, it will make the pictures fuzzy. If you don't have a steady hand, that can cause fuzziness, as well.

Rob

lol, the camera i have now is called an LG samsung cell phone. i have no camera. me and my wife are going on vacation this winter so i really wanna a good one. no more fn cell phone pics, lol

You don't need to drop coin on a brand new camera if you dont have too. The "seasonal photoshoot" pictures of my car were taken with

Body: Canon XSI

Lense: EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

The camera is an older model and still holds it own. I didn't take the pictures clearly but I've heard that it's more about the lens than the body.

Here's the page regarding my pictures if you wanna take a look

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mtchbx/7868188152/meta/in/photostream

Here is a short list from a comparison on PC World.Com's site.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/165370/point_shoot_and_save_best_cameras_around_200.html

I use a Nikon D3000 for my pics, but I also use a 15 year old Kodak Easyshare when I want to carry a pocket size or its wet out and they both do a pretty good job.

You probably cant go wrong at $300 or less on a name brand point and shoot.

lol, the camera i have now is called an LG samsung cell phone. i have no camera. me and my wife are going on vacation this winter so i really wanna a good one. no more fn cell phone pics, lol

There's your problem, right there!!!! LOL. Cell phones are crap for taking good pictures. They have NO optical zoom, it's all digital, and it's such a tiny optical shutter, they struggle to take really good pictures. They are ok, in a pinch, but I'd rather just carry my camera with me. I sent you a PM answering your questions, with a few recommendations on "point and shoot" cameras.

Rob

I have a nikon cool pix 16mp touch screen camera. it takes some great shots. I also have a few sony cybershots, we get them all the time from the police auctions lol. I've taken some great shots with that.

I have a nikon cool pix 16mp touch screen camera. it takes some great shots. I also have a few sony cybershots, we get them all the time from the police auctions lol. I've taken some great shots with that.
thats the one me & rob talked about, i'm gettin it. the nikon 16mp. i think it's like $211 at wallmart, come with a free SD card to so sounds like a deal. the description rob sent me was detailed and it sounds pretty straight forward. us old guys dont like 12 pages of options to read and figure out, lol.

seems to be a sweet camera, I've only used it once, for the shoot with the lightning
aw thats what you used huh? that came out pretty dam good imo. i'm gonna go bump that thread, lol.