kucklehead

Driveshaft

Spline count is different so you'd have to swap yours off of your driveshaft.

EDIT:

Termie drive shafts are about 2 inches shorter than ours, so unless you ran a spacer on the pinion end it'd be pretty sketch as you'd only have about 2" of contact. If youre looking for a cheap aluminum, you can run one from a ford windstar if you can find one in your local pull a part or on craigslist.

Edited by Det_Riot

If I were you I would buy a stock ford explorer aluminum shaft.As there much larger in dia. But to long And take it to get cut down to size needed and use your 5spd yoke. I believe the u joint size is the same.

That's quite a bit of work... Not going to be cheap.

That reminds me, I need to get mine rebalanced. I have a vibration at 140 that I can't seem to fix.

That's quite a bit of work... Not going to be cheap.

That reminds me, I need to get mine rebalanced. I have a vibration at 140 that I can't seem to fix.

Junk yard driveshaft is $30 out the door with core cost, tax etc. The driveshaft shop here in Orlando "Advanced Driveline" will cut it down re-weld rear yoke and ballance for $100.

Yea $130 bucks and and a half days time to drop it off and pick it up is way to expensive lol.

You can't seem to fix your vibration at 140?

Do you have the tools or knowlege to fix such a problem?

Doubtful....

im using an aerostar d/s, although im relatively stock, it works just fine.

Was the length correct with no work needed? I have heard of people using them but there isn't a ton of info on them. Maybe because of the size.

You can't seem to fix your vibration at 140?

Do you have the tools or knowlege to fix such a problem?

Doubtful....

Shows what you know about me...

It was a joke anyway. But I really do need to rebalance my d/s. I might bring it into work this week to put some fresh u-joints in.

Was the length correct with no work needed? I have heard of people using them but there isn't a ton of info on them. Maybe because of the size.

Yea, i put in my 96. All i had to do was swap the yoke and get a random sized u-joint. The main reason I used it was because of the 4.10's and i wanted to get rid of my vibrations.