Tony

ROLLING SHOTS! (my first attempt)

I feel so small in my car now.

One trick with rolling shots is that you don't need to be going fast to LOOK like you're going fast. A slower speed will often times allow a clearer car in the image while still allowing the background to blur out.

This one of my old V6 was taken with a $50 point 'n shoot by a girl who worked for me while we were leaving Key Biscayne after work. We were doing about 20mph.

RollinontheKey-1.jpg

yea, im tall so my head sticks up a little...but i see fine. traffic lights are tough but thats all. the last pic is the best one i got. it took forever just trying to get the dam wheels to look like they were spinning, lol. every pic kept looking still. that's why i thought i had to be going like 55 or so. but thank for the tip LILROUSH, that will make it alot easier next time dude.

I feel so small in my car now.

One trick with rolling shots is that you don't need to be going fast to LOOK like you're going fast. A slower speed will often times allow a clearer car in the image while still allowing the background to blur out.

This one of my old V6 was taken with a $50 point 'n shoot by a girl who worked for me while we were leaving Key Biscayne after work. We were doing about 20mph.

RollinontheKey-1.jpg

wow...thats an old picture, 2009 or something, right?

I remember you having that in your sig a long time ago. Lol

Yeah, it's kind of old. It was back when I first brought that car to Miami.

yea, im tall so my head sticks up a little...but i see fine. traffic lights are tough but thats all. the last pic is the best one i got. it took forever just trying to get the dam wheels to look like they were spinning, lol. every pic kept looking still. that's why i thought i had to be going like 55 or so. but thank for the tip LILROUSH, that will make it alot easier next time dude.

Yeah, it's all about the exposure time. You want it long enough to blur the wheels, but not so long to make everything blurry. Alot of the 'rig' shots you see using high end cameras mounted to a pole attached to the car (then edited out) are barely moving. The one rig shot I have of the black car I just let out the clutch a little to get it rolling. Shoot, my driver's side door was open and I was only half in the car when it was shot. Car looks like it's haulin' tail down the road, though. LOL

alot of them (well most actually) came out like this...with all these crazy dots, lol. seemed to have this one black dot in almost every single pic, lmao!! wth?

Untitled-1154.jpg

only in the rolling ones :confused2:

• Moderators

Yeah, it's all about the exposure time. You want it long enough to blur the wheels, but not so long to make everything blurry. Alot of the 'rig' shots you see using high end cameras mounted to a pole attached to the car (then edited out) are barely moving. The one rig shot I have of the black car I just let out the clutch a little to get it rolling. Shoot, my driver's side door was open and I was only half in the car when it was shot. Car looks like it's haulin' tail down the road, though. LOL

I've never tried it, but I've been told to match the shutter speed to your actual speed. For example, if you're driving 60mph, then your shutter speed should be set to 1/60.