Brian

What to upgrade next?

Currently my Cobra is sitting on Steeda sport springs (rated at 1.25" drop all the way around) and I am eventually going to be adding some Bilstein HD shocks/struts. After that I am going to purchase some full length subframe connectors.

What would be your recommendation for upgrades after that? The car is a street car that at this moment rarely gets driven but it will remain a street car with a few trips to the track a year (if that).

I know there will be some questions that will need to be asked to get a better response so ask away and I'll be glad to provide answers.

Thanks everyone for the responses. This is in the suspension section so it was geared towards that.

Coilovers aren't something I'm interested in right now since I'm not looking to slam it to the ground (yet).

Before the panhard bar and others is there anything I should take care of first? The car is bone stock aside from the springs and the items I already know I'm going to buy.

Thanks again everyone.

Thanks Tony! I am really excited to get them on. Hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

Just looking over the thread the suggestions have been:

- Rear LCAs

- Remove quad shocks

- Solid steering rack bushings

- Panhard bar

- PM3L

Would anyone suggest any front/rear sway bar upgrades? What other suggestions?

am i wrong in thinking removing the quad shocks would cause major wheel hop? just wondering what the purpose of them are if not to stabilize the rear end??
No, you are correct. The quad shock is to assist with wheel hop on a factory suspension rear end. From my understanding once you upgrade some other components such as the rear LCAs the quad shocks become useless.

So my plan is to evenutally go with the MM K-Member kit with coilovers up front and keep springs in the rear but add some upgrades back there. That's why when I get the Bilsteins they will be pre-grooved.

Similar to this setup just minus the torque arm:

- Rear LCAs

- Remove quad shocks

- Solid steering rack bushings

-Bumpsteer kit

-front and rear swaybars

im also interested in jumping into the suspension side of the car too after the resto part is done for me... I have heard good things about mm but is there any other company other than griggs that is superior or as good of quality as mm.

It kind of depends on what you want to do with the car. For a more drag setup you can't go wrong with Team Z but MM basically is the king of quality in the suspension department. Griggs is up there too but their website is HORRIBLE and they don't have a ton of options.

im also interested in jumping into the suspension side of the car too after the resto part is done for me... I have heard good things about mm but is there any other company other than griggs that is superior or as good of quality as mm.

Dont overlook Steeda as they also offer quality parts.

is team z stuff good for more street side of driving but going to the track here and there. So if i was going to buy suspension stuff whats the best company to go with because i could go with multiple companies. Is there companies to go with and ones to stay away from.

People have thousands of opinions but the general opinion is to stay away from granatelli and UPR but people have ran them no issue. Here's a good review of their new street/strip control arms n such

http://forums.corral.net/forums/drag-racing/1384163-testing-teamzmotorsports-new-suspension.html

Team Z is more for the "hardcore drag racer" but they do have a street/strip series that I've contemplating getting. But after talking to some good buddies (OnyxCobra mainly) the quality of MM is insane so that's what I'm going with.

Team Z is more for the "hardcore drag racer" but they do have a street/strip series that I've contemplating getting. But after talking to some good buddies (OnyxCobra mainly) the quality of MM is insane so that's what I'm going with.

is that just for your k-member or all suspension parts.

I just took a look at the Team Z lower control arms, I can understand trying to save money but they don't look half as solid as the MM ones. Idk if that's an area worth buying cheaper stuff for.