Det_Riot

Switch Location?!

Need some thoughts on where to put my switch for my fan. It used to be located in my ashtray in my old center console but now that I've got the terminator console I've lost that primo location. I don't want it just hanging out some where, but It needs to be put somewhere clean and easily accessible.

I've been considering getting a switch panel for under the radio but don't have any other switches at the moment :shrug:

help!

Cuz my CCRM is shot, and instead of replacing it, I ended up doing it this way? It was a temporary fix at first but ended up being a lot easier than tracking down a CCRM, testing it, so on so forth.

Why not just fix the car the right way? Switches for things that should be automatically controlled, is hack.

A manual fan switch mod is far from a hack and is done quit often. Detriot I had made a switch plate for the exact spot your talking about, it also housed my nitrous switches along with the fan switch. Worked out great but I will be fabbing a new switch plate for my custom center console as I will have quit a few switches and will no longer be able to fit them in that spot.

I've been considering getting a switch panel for under the radio but don't have any other switches at the moment :shrug:

help!

I would just use the map pocket and customize that to your needs. Since you're worried about it looking silly with only one switch you could just cut holes for you switches in the back of the pocket as needed and that way they won't really be visible but still accessible.

This is how I had mine setup a while ago:

interior0059me.jpg

Steve that looks awesome! What were the switches for?

Thank Bee! Doesn't look like that anymore I'm afraid but it worked for the time. I just bought them from the local speed shop but they are pretty generic and can probably be found at AutoZone or Advance Auto. The start button however was bought from the Honda parts counter... Yes, that's out of an S2000.

lol I meant what did you have running off of them =P

Lol oh wow, totally didn't read that correctly :wacko: One was a kill switch, the other was a fan switch and the last two were for.... wait for it... neon lights. Yes I used to have red neon lights illuminating the rear seat delete:

interior0103kn.jpg

I have my fan switch just in front of the shifter. It's a lighted switch, so I can easily see if the fan is on or not. Don't have a pic at the moment, but I'll try and remember to get one.

I had fan/CCRM issues as well, and just got tired of it. Switch / wiring was less than $10 and the issue is solved for now. Still thinking of upgrading to a better (or dual) fan set up behind the radiator for track duty.