Det_Riot

Site Update and Poll!

Here at SN95 Source, we are always concerned about if our customers (you guys) are happy with the services that we provide for you.......wow that sounded bad....anyways, for the ease of future updates to vbulletin, and any mods that we may install on the site, we are considering changing the site to only have 1 main "theme". This theme is what dictates the colors of the backgrounds, links, boxes, etc. As most of you know, we currently have 3 different themes; "darkside", "light carbon", and "default" which as you can see, default is pretty lame.

That being said, we are considering going with one common theme. I have a poll added to this post with "life element" and "darkside" as our two contenders for the default and only theme of the site.

Here is a preview of the "life element" theme:

http://www.completevb.com/demovb4/forum.php?styleid=71

If you are currently viewing the forum in the default theme, scroll to the bottom of the page. There you will find a drop down menu that reads "default style". If you click that, you can choose which theme you'd like. Please check out both dark side as well as the new life element posted above so that you can make an informed decision

-Staff

Although I really like the Dark Side theme, the life element is a nice change. :bananalama:

Is there a reason for just having one theme? Just curious, I don't know how this works but you already bought the Dark theme so why not have it. :noidea:

Although I really like the Dark Side theme, the life element is a nice change. :bananalama:

Is there a reason for just having one theme? Just curious, I don't know how this works but you already bought the Dark theme so why not have it. :noidea:

No themes have been purchased they were all made by Steven. The purpose behind one theme would be to make it easier to work on the site. When you make a change to the site you have to make that change to all the themes so you are essentially doubling or in our case tripling the work.

No themes have been purchased they were all made by Steven. The purpose behind one theme would be to make it easier to work on the site. When you make a change to the site you have to make that change to all the themes so you are essentially doubling or in our case tripling the work.

Ahh yes I see the light! Makes sense, carry on. :salute:

I also use tapatalk, therefore don't see a poll. however, I'm a phone, app nerd, so the likelihood of me using the computer to log on here is unlikely, unless I'm just in the area of my computer(very rare) therefore I am fine with whatever you guys choose.

Bullitt has been made aware of the issue with polls and tapatalk, he's looking into it.

Since you won't be able to volt in the poll, you could probably just post which of the two you like.

Looks like so far the Life Element theme is popular but we'll see what more people have to say.

well what I would like to do or I should say I would be ok with is buying two new themes one light and one dark, as there are some kinks in our Dark theme that are a PITA to pin point and correct, and to be honest I would rather have Steven working on graphics like banners and other things then trying to pin point other shit. Would still require us to make multiple changes when we did stuff but we could possibly work around that. Here is a dark theme I had in mind.

http://www.purevb.com/vbulletin-skins/13

or we could find one from the same site the light one is on.

ordered both, just waiting to get confirmation so I can download. I may have to bring down site to do these but not 100% certain yet. Our first makeover woot!!

have the dark theme now so working on seeing what is involved with that, but the light theme i still don't have access to download and am researching why. I can say we are going to be in need of new header and footer graphics and as much as i like our buttons I have been wondering if it's time to use one universal button on the site.

i.e. announcements_forum_new-48.png

I was thinking we could just use our tapatalk logo? Thoughts on this?

Is there a reason why we can't continue to use the current icons? Do they not work with the new themes?

no reason at all I was just thinking if we add more in the future we wouldn't have to create new ones and on the coding side it's a bit easier but other than that there is no issue. Will take me some time to work them over to the new theme but thats it.

yeah I dig it to. Right now it's only open to Admin guys so don't worry you can't see it for a reason, working out some kinks and then we are good to go for public release.