Forcefedhatch

Ok I need an honest opinion folks!!

Ok so the wife wants the jeep back, I agreed of course.. So I got her 99v6 auto.. I am having a huge Selina as always with keeping things stock!!!, as you all very well know!..

I also must admit I am orgasmically in love with the terminator cobras!!.

Soo honest opinions.. Instead of taping my kids college funds for one this year..

How about I just use this car to build one myself.. (Fobra/kit car in my eyes)

I am asking for your opinion On options for the power plant

Do I

Keep the engine a v6 and turbo or put an m90 on it

Buy a mod motor and FI that

Do a nitrous mod motor

Use my spare 302 with full harness and build it up and turbo or supercharge that..

I was looking into a full termi swap.. Not gonna happen I may as well buy the whole car..

Also it may stay auto haven't crossed that bridge yet..

Yes I will be adding all item ford parts down to the stitching.. Just going to collect parts for when the 6 dies.. It'll be ready for a full on swap.. What y'all think?

Sent from my iPhone

Hunter is a marine, cut him some slack...

Chris, I say go balls out. Collect what you can, when you can, and don't decide on the engine until you come across a deal you can't pass up.

Tapatalk made me do it!

I'd have to say go with a mod motor and build off of that. I think the drive a lot better than the 302 and get a little better gas mileage. I realize you'll be building it so mpg isn't at the top of the list, but im sure that'll come into play a little bit. I like DDing my 4.6 over the 302. Although you already have a 302.... is that fuel injected or carbed?

Honestly, I would keep it stock. I think you'll probably spend more money on trying to make it something that it's not rather than just trading it in for what you want it to be. If getting a cobra wasn't an option right now, then I would just drive it and enjoy it for what it is and save your money until you could get what you really want. If you do a motor swap you'll have to do a fuel system, a transmission swap, a rear end, suspension, ect....it's the never ending snowball effect that ends up costing more then just buying a cobra. lol...that's just my opinion though.

Well I would save up, but with 3 kids its not an option unless its for education, what i forgot to mention is i have a complete running 94 gt with a salvaged title that's either getting used for this purpose or going to scrap.. It's too heavily modified for street ability or so the highway patrol says.. It has been sitting for 5 years and I was going to swap everything into another 94-95.. But the other one runs.. This setup is ready for boost as well.. Including a new sumped fuel system with lines.. I'm just tired of it sitting and something drivable needs to take its place.. I have the front and rear bumpers with all orm ford termi hood available for pretty cheap(600.00) the only thing I would be buying would be another forced induction system. And I will have to buy some sort of Forced induction because I'd want it to be at least close to an oem termis power range. Now I love my turbo stuff, but I've never had a nice loud squealing blower either lol..

As it sits right now, for about 1000.00$ I can have my full wiring harness and fuel system swapped over to the 99,and have the body panels installed and if not painted then ready for paint.. Now forced induction is still a toss up, but I may go with what I know and go turbo..

Sorry I forgot to mention I had the full donor car lol

Sent from my iPhone

Honestly, I would keep it stock. I think you'll probably spend more money on trying to make it something that it's not rather than just trading it in for what you want it to be. If getting a cobra wasn't an option right now, then I would just drive it and enjoy it for what it is and save your money until you could get what you really want. If you do a motor swap you'll have to do a fuel system, a transmission swap, a rear end, suspension, ect....it's the never ending snowball effect that ends up costing more then just buying a cobra. lol...that's just my opinion though.

I feel ya, I forgot to mention I had a full donor 94gt lol, but yes it can get costly and fast!! Luckily I have this car sitting here garaged just taking up space.. The wife wants something done with it whether it be converted to stock,sold as a drag roller, scrapped.. Lol

Sent from my iPhone

I feel ya, I forgot to mention I had a full donor 94gt lol, but yes it can get costly and fast!! Luckily I have this car sitting here garaged just taking up space.. The wife wants something done with it whether it be converted to stock,sold as a drag roller, scrapped.. Lol

Sent from my iPhone

Ok since you already have a donor car that changes my opinion lol...as long as the 6er isn't your daily driver or only means of transportation besides your wife's jeep I say go for it. I would just research the swap, which it seems like you already are doing, before you pull the trigger and have fun with it.

Yeah I've been researching for a while.. What I'm going to finish still drive the 6er till the motor pops or winter hits, in mean time I'm going to collect the exterior panels.. What's nice is the car is already the lazer/red fire color I wanted.. So I won't have to paint jambs etc.. I'm going to get the full body harness,fuel system, rear end, full drivetrain out of the 94, send it to scrap or whatever, and when the time comes get the sixxer all swapped, panels swapped, and add the turbo or blower, send it to paint and be done.. And then I'll start sourcing the full interior lol.. Or at least the front and rear seats, vinyl dye can do the rest lol..

Sent from my iPhone

From one V6 owner to another; the 3.8L engine is not really a great source for power unless you want to put a stupid amount of money into it, in which case you are better off getting a V8 model.

I'd say give the car some other wheels and maybe do bolt ons and suspension, just to have a nice looking DD with okay MPG. But other that that; don't spend too much money on it, you will just end up regretting it.

I had a silver '99 V6, started working in swap components. Had an 8.8 with 3.73's and was ready for engine and tranny. Then I sold it to pay off debt before I left for boot camp. Let me find some paperwork with that VIN on it somewhere... I will locate and I will purchase!!! Lol6ubyje7a.jpg

Tapatalk made me do it!

i think chris is just one of those guys that lives for projects!!! i totally get that. sometimes what people say "is'nt worth it" to them def is to a car building enthusiast!!! if you wanna turn that thing into a sick termi...prolly with a little more umph i imagine, lol....then do your thing dude!!!

Yeah, I sometime would rather fabricate and build them and look at them then drive them lol.. I think I like a good challenge.. Plus I know I got nothin but time..:) I've already started purchasing parts and will collect them over the next year or so.. And if the motor in the v6 pops ill then pull the trigger.. If not then ill be buying a shell with a bad motor v6 or v8 for the swap. I can get them here locally for around 1500-2k, swap my cars harness and dricetrain(free,just time with the boys), body panels and wheels(1200) blower (2500) I already have the fuel system etc....paint 450 and ill be shooting it myself..5650-6150 ill have my clone and enjoy it.. These figures are on the top end btw.

Sent from my iPhone