iRoush

1/4 Mile Time Slips

i have video of my 10 second pass in my gt on my youtube and i have multiple people that witnessed it. so i dont care if you dont think it happened. FL8 GT its just a mostly stock 04 cobra with exhaust and a drop in k&n filter.... im hoping for low 8's... 7's is unrealistic unless i pulley it lol

I suppose with the irs it would be. I thought your car had a little more mods. I was going to say, if I can run 7s you better sure as hell run them too lol

well it also has a tune but im sure it didnt make much of a difference since all that changed was the cai and exhaust lol

perhaps it did make a difference but not .5 of a second worth lol

ive run the cobra one time in the 1/8 on shitty street tires.... 8.6 1/8 with a 2.5 60 foot or something like that... i dont have the slip anymore but thats what i remember

dont be skeerd then, give it hell!!!! is kinda hard though w/ wounded parts.

Do less spin and more this....... :D

46192_1508679470263_6591742_n_zpsb64d5c43.jpg

Lol ugh I wish. Pulling front tire off would be damn near impossible in my car. Why? 400lb front spring rate.

Dammit alright hold on gotta go out to get my slip

Lol ugh I wish. Pulling front tire off would be damn near impossible in my car. Why? 400lb front spring rate.

Dammit alright hold on gotta go out to get my slip

Easy fix..... Aftermarket K member, pull out the AC, Coilovers + Strange struts / Shocks. Dump clutch at 5,000 RPM's at the line = spare real estate between the tire and pavement. :D

I'll be posting a few slips soon, gotta replace a set of ujoints lol

Sent from my iPhone

any expected times?

On the n/a car I'd like to see mid 13's but, on the turbo car closer to mid 11's.. I'm sheet metal gabbing the turbo cars bay and stuff right now though, also welding up the torque boxes and axle tubes.. Son it'll be a while before its ready..

Sent from my iPhone

Drag radials will shock the drive train more so then slicks especially with 5 spds. Like FL8 said slip the clutch a little off the line when you feel the tires starting to grab let the clutch out all the way. It is a matter if trial and error. What do you have the PSI set at?

im pretty sure that run they were at 35 and I didn't get a good burn out. That run was full of error from the time I left my house that day haha What should they be dropped down to? 10-15?

Wow that's high, deff drop it. That's a lot of your problem there. Start at around 16 psi and go from there. Different suspension setups will like different PSI settings so this to is trial and error. When changing PSI settings keep your launch RPM and shift point to second the same. The more variables you change at once the harder it is to pinpoint what is dropping your 60'. RT and ET are not important at this point just work on the 60'. An entire run is a success or blown depending on the 60' My best to date is a 1.66 on my slicks and it grabbed so hard and threw me back in the seat so hard I almost shifted into second off the line lol

Wow that's high, deff drop it. That's a lot of your problem there. Start at around 16 psi and go from there. Different suspension setups will like different PSI settings so this to is trial and error. When changing PSI settings keep your launch RPM and shift point to second the same. The more variables you change at once the harder it is to pinpoint what is dropping your 60'. RT and ET are not important at this point just work on the 60'. An entire run is a success or blown depending on the 60' My best to date is a 1.66 on my slicks and it grabbed so hard and threw me back in the seat so hard I almost shifted into second off the line lol

Shit! That's a bomb ass time. I think my goal for the season is to see what the best 60ft I can get with this suspension setup is.

That's was with my stock uppers and worn out bushings with crappy lowering springs. Everyone wants to lower the ET but that all starts with the 60'. The most important things for any run with a stick car is your 60' and your shift points. Work on those and the ET will drop. Is anything done with the suspension yet?

That's was with my stock uppers and worn out bushings with crappy lowering springs. Everyone wants to lower the ET but that all starts with the 60'. The most important things for any run with a stick car is your 60' and your shift points. Work on those and the ET will drop. Is anything done with the suspension yet?

Front -03/04 bilstien take offs, mm coils(dunno rate but hard) Kenny brown camber/caster

Rear - hpm megabyte Jr uppers and lowers, pro kit with one coil cut, tokico shocks

Thats not a bad set up, better then stock. Those shocks are not adjustable correct? My set up is a full drag type suspension. It rides like shit and every crack in the road feels like a pot hole. deff not a good daily driver but that's the hit you take when weighing the pro's / con's of how far to go w/ some mods. The solid rear bushings made the biggest difference between decent ride quality and what its at now lol

Here is a better pic of that same photo w/ the logo removed. You can order prints from the guy who takes all these at the track. You can see the wrinkle in the tire pretty well.

Tasca2010_zpseb9ef7fc.jpg

:D

Tascaburnout_zpsa4541e98.jpg